“This Holiday Inn has got to be one of the best in the country!”

Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here many times and keep coming back for more! We love everything about this Holiday Inn! The check-in staff are always so cheerful and efficient. This time we were checked in by a very charming Asian gentleman( so sorry I didn't note your name). He saw that we were Platinum guests and gave us an upgrade( room 153) which was very nice of him. Thank you!

Couldn't fault a single thing about the spotless and comfortable room/bathroom.

We used the bar for drinks and a snack. We were served by Matt and Zara who were brilliant. The service there has always been excellent as was the food.

Breakfast the following morning is a treat I must say, I really look forward to it especially the fantastic scrambled eggs.....even better than my Mums! All the staff serving there are superb, you never have to wait for your coffee to be topped up, they seem to be there just when you need it! The service in the restaurant is brilliant and this has never changed. Really sorry that we missed Paula though!( She really cheers you up so much in the morning!)

I must say a huge thank you to your house keeping as this morning my wife remembered that she has left a ring in the bathroom. So I called the hotel and spoke to Emily at reception to see if it had been handed in and of course it had. Emily very kindly said that she would post it on to us. So a big thank you to you too! Mr Lowe please pass on our thanks to your outstanding staff. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: They are all good and so clean!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Phil1957, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It was a delight to see the title of your review with the words 'best Holiday Inn in the country' I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you keep coming back for more! I believe the Gentleman that checked you in was Ali so I will pass this special mention on to him. I am glad you couldn't fault a thing! We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed for one night. Room was very clean and we'll equipped. Had room service for a continental breakfast which was very nice, with a good choice and generous portions. Bed comfy too. Staff were courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear R_and_K_G, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found your stay to be enjoyable and that you found everything as it should be with the clean rooms, nice breakfast and comfy bed, along with our friendly staff.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A great weekend away in a hotel ideally situated for visiting Gloucester and Cheltenham. The hotel has great leisure facilities and both of our rooms were well presented - very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly giving advice on how to get to places and what to see when you get there. The breakfast was ideal - well prepared and presented, and as importantly very tasty. The staff at breakfast were also very good,attentive, and friendly.

I wIll be looking forward to the free wifi for IHG reward members in the summer because reception was not great for my iphone , probably the locality.

We are already considering a return later in the year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Robert H, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found our hotel convenient in visiting both Gloucester and Cheltenham and you fount our leisure club and rooms very well presented and clean. I am glad you are considering a return to us later in the year where you can hopefully enjoy our free wifi to all IHG members.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hubby and I normally stay in Travel lodges so this was distinctly up market for us but we got a deal for £38 a night. Well to be honest I was disappointed. I have stayed here quite a few times with an old job in an executive room, this time we got a double and it's a good job we didn't want to swing our cat as we wouldn't have had a chance. The room would have been fine for one but two? No way. No where to put our suitcases and we had to plug the kettle in behind the television which is not ideal. If you were taking advantage of the pool etc then fine. but the full price was £109 and I would be seriously unimpressed with the room had I paid that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kythe2, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear that you found your stay with us disappointing with the size of your room and that we missed a chance to rectify this problem. We do have a few different sized rooms and I hope we can welcome you back with a more bigger room.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Should have been very good overall rating with excellent swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym. Water temperature of pool just right. The staff were very helpful with special mention to our housekeeper Vicky. Breakfast was varied and tasty, and the room a reasonable size. But the hotel's antiquated provision of wifi is extortionate at £5 per hour. Compare this with Premier Inn's £3 per day. This is a serious downside to the overall experience when people expect wifi to be provided at minimum cost. The free computer terminals in the Reception area were a poor alternative being extremely slow and inconvenient. The bathroom also needs a heated towel rail not a defunct radiator.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Richard L, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear you found some bad points with your stay such as the wifi cost, this has been reviewed and shall become free for all IHG reward members soon. I am glad you had good points and I will be passing on your special mention to Vicky. I hope we can welcome you back again soon with good points.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed just one night, but used the pool and gym - both great facilities. Breakfast was excellent. Stayed with friends and we loved the pancake machine!! The restaurant staff were especially friendly and the food very fresh. Great hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hannah w, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It has been a joy to read your postive comments. I am glad you was able to use the leisure facilities and that you loved the pancake machine! I hope we can welcome you and your friends back again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

fab hotel, ideally located for travel and sight seeing. Super staff in hotel and gym, holiday inn should be proud of their team. Gym getting a little tired but due to be refurbished. Breakfast was hot and plentiful even though it was a busy weekend. Good family room but was slightly cold until they gave us a portable heater. Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Familyinruins, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It has been a delight reading your comments I am glad you found most things how it should be. I am sorry you found your room cold but this was rectified by a heater being placed in your room also our gym is to be refurbished soon. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon hopefully it won't be such a wet weekend.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#9 of 21 in Gloucester
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!