“5 DAYS STAY WITH NATIONAL HOLIDAYS”

Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“5 DAYS STAY WITH NATIONAL HOLIDAYS”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here with national holidays on entering the reception area was smart and plenty of seating around the bar area. The room we stayed in No8 was welcoming with a bath and shower and hot water at all times . the beds were comfortable and welcoming after a busy day out At meal times we had a good selection to chose from (non National visitors have a better choice ) but saying this we were still very happy with our meals. A special mention and thanks to Julie and her team for a making this a pleasant break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank t f
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear t f, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us on National Holidays. It is a delight to read such positive comments and I will pass on your special mentions to Julie and the team who will be pleased. I hope we can welcome you again.

Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I selected this place to break journey between south Cornwall and Cambridgeshire. We were informed of a wedding party but assured there would not be a noise problem. The opposite proved true and we suffered heavy bass disco music relentlessly from around 2030 to 0030. We were in an easy access (disabled) room and thus on the ground floor. We had little or no sleep and could not get out quick enough. The room itself was a bit "tired" an aged armchair had to be replaced, the mattress was not so comfy (especially compared to previous nights at Premier Inns) and a bedside lightbulb blew..all told a dismal experience. My initial complaint at checkout was received with "oh it was the wedding". My complaint to HQ received a transatlantic "corporate speak fob off" and an invitation to a rewards scheme, My rejection has now resulted in the offer of a refund. Not a place for a tired traveller to seek a night's rest when they have functions.

Room Tip: we needed disabled room so cannot comment on other accommodation
2 Thank Mike B
Dear Mike B, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that you didn't experience a very good stay with us regarding the noise level of a wedding we had going on at the time. I can only say to you that we are very dissapointed by this and can only hope that you can give us another chance.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in April for one night over Easter. Made to feel very welcome by all staff. An Easter egg was placed in our room for our son....a lovely touch. Didn't sample the restaurant or bar. Room spacious & comfy. Would certainly use again if in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Angmark1, thank you for writing a comment on your easter stay with us. I am glad your son enjoyed our little easter egg hunt in your rooms and I hope we can welcome you back again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here for business for three nights. although I am Platinum and I checked in early there was no upgraded rooms available. However, the room on the ground floor that was allocated to me, was more than ample. Comfy double bed, clean room, a good clear TV and a very clean bathroom, are generally the tick points for me, and the room had it all.

The staff are what truly makes this hotel. I found all of the reception staff and all of the bar / restaurant staff to be excellent! As someone who travels regularly for both business and pleasure, I have seen varying levels of staff from within the IHG but i have to say that these guys are very good. A special mention to June in the restaurant, she is someone who clearly takes a pleasure in her job and provided an exemplary table service.

We used meeting rooms on two of the days and again found the quality of these rooms to be very good, with all of the tools you would require already within the room. The gentleman who manages this (apologies for not getting his name) is also extremely efficient.

Breakfast is varied, from the generic full English buffet, various fruit salads, pancakes, through to the eggs benedict that ordered on my last morning.

So, all in all, as you can gather this is a venue that I would recommend.

Room Tip: Join the IHG (free) and get wifi at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andy G
Dear Andy G, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that you liked your room and I am sorry we were unable to give you an upgrade this time. I am delighted that you feel the staff are what make the hotel this is something I will be sharing with my team along with your special mentions. Thank you for reccommending us and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

East Yorkshire
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Think I must have been on the same National Coach holiday as JohnHome! Got back on Sunday evening after a 2 night stay here. Agree with everything John says about this hotel. Spotlessly clean, quiet and comfortable bedroom 101, excellent food, free use of swimming pool. Helpful, very friendly staff in all areas. Would definitely recommend it and hope to stay here again.

1 Thank GoolieEastYorkshire
Dear GoolieEastYorkshire, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with. I am so delighted that you enjoyed it and that you are happy to reccommend us and want to stay again! We would love to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.

home
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently returned from 2 nights in this hotel (National Cheltenham and Wye Valley)
A very clean, modern hotel with lovely bright bedrooms and excellent beds.
Although we had to make our evening meal choice at breakfast, we had a good choice of 3 starters, mains and desserts. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening meals which were served by lovely cheerful helpful professional staff. The breakfasts were superb, limitless choices of beautiful fruits, yoghurts, hams, cheeses, croissants, danish pastries and of course full cooked breakfasts with absolutely everything. Teapots of tea and real fresh coffee served in a pot.
Excellent hotel, would not hesitate to recommend The Holiday Inn at Gloucester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear JohnHome, thank you for writing such positive comments on your stay with us. I am glad to read you had a fabolous 2 day stay and that you enjoyed everything from your room to evening meal to breakfast served by happy cheerfull staff this is great news. Thank you for not hesitating to reccommend us I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

WIGAN
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our room was 107. Delightful, compact, & clean. The lady at reception was superb in cheaking us in and answering our questions. Just as we hope we would be received in any Hotel. Attractive staircase to the upper floor. Large TV and easily opened windows, perfect in view of a very warm day. Unfortunately my wife thought the chairs were not as comfortable as they looked. Very tasty Walker's Belgian Chocolate biscuits provided. Trouser press, iron and ironing board, and spotless en-suite - nothing seems to have been overlooked. AT 80 & 77, getting in and out of a bath is a problem. However, the bath had two handles and, for once, we were both tempted to have a bath instead of a shower. In the bathroom as a list of 11 items you might have forgotten that would, if needed, be supplied with their compliments. Booking 6 months in advance enabled us to take advantage of a reduced price and was excellent value for money. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express before but this was the first time in a Holiday Inn, but it won't be the last. I did mean to ask, but didn't have the opportunity, if the front of house lady at breakfast was related to Sally Gunnell. Remarkable likeness.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wanderer74Wigan, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found all the little extras handy and you was able to enjoy a bath for a while due to the easier access into our baths. I am sorry your wife felt the chairs were not as comfortable we are next week getting new ones so I hope this will be better. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!