“Good but........”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Good but........”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lovely hotel, staff very friendly and efficient.

Restaurant likewise. Food good.

However, the main reason I booked this Hotel over others was their leisure facilities. But when I tried to book a massage I was told, 'sorry Sir they are on holiday'. ?????????????

This was not notified in advance to my knowledge. I would have not booked this hotel and paid more than their competitors prices.

Not good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert B
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very sorry that you were unable to book a beauty treatment. There are only two team members in beauty so when one is on annual leave, it does restrict the number of treatments we can offer so I apologise about this.
I was however delighted that you felt the food and team were good.
Thank you again for taking the time, it's appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently stayed on a Saturday night. Had pre booked so check in easy and lady receptionist very polite and helpful. Rooms clean, good size and we'll equipped, bathroom clean but a little tired.
We had bar meals watching the football, no complaints and reasonably priced.
We had booked breakfast, plenty of choice and unlimited coffee.
The only negative is probably location if looking for a city visit as a taxi would be necessary for a visit to the docks if you propose to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Ask for one closer to reception
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I was delighted you felt the hotel was good value if a little distance from the city centre. Thank you also for your positive comments regarding the team and food, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just stayed Friday & Saturday night with friends on a National Holiday short trip. What a great base for the trip, hotel is spotless, food was great, bar prices a bit inflated, and no free Wi-Fi, but cant really fault it. Staff helpful & friendly. There is a pool and gym if you have time to use it, unfortunately with our schedule we couldn't make use of it.
Can recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear jbloomfielduk, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on your recent stay with us through National Holidays. I am delighted you found everything as it should be with friendly staff, great food and the hotel spotless. I am sorry you found the bar prices a bit excessive and from 1st July we have free wifi for all IHG members. I hope we can welcome you back again where you can enjoy the leisure facilities and free wifi if you are an IHG member.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

lovely hotel on the outskirts of the city
attended a meeting and booked a bed and breakfast deal for £66

spacious room, clean and lovely shower. Choice of pillows

food in the meeting was lovely. bar was not over excessive

breakfast the next day was self service and plentiful, choice of cooked breakfast or cereals, specialist breads and spreads

staff very friendly and kind

would definitely revisit

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear KarlandCathJohnson, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your meeting and stay with us and found the rate good with quality not compromised. I am so pleased you found everything as it should and that you would be be re-visiting. We can't wait to welcome you back again.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the holiday inn in Gloucester with my husband.

First thing to say is that the location is perfect, situated on the edge of Gloucester, most of the Cotswold picturesque villages are within half hour drive. Driving being essential, one positive is that this hotel has plenty of parking.

Easily the best thing about our stay was the staff, upon arrival, reception were friendly and very helpful. The staff in the restaurant were also just as great.

Our stay included breakfast and dinner for the duration of our stay, which was great value for money. Their was plenty of choice, and the food was delicious. We send our complements to the chef, every meal was excellent.

Our room was spotless, very clean, the furnishing was a little on the older side but was of good quality. The only negative would be that the room was bit on the smaller side when compared to other holiday inns we have stayed in.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and we look forward to staying with holiday inn again in the future

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Imathedot, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us from our good location, friendly staff, delicious meals and spotless rooms. I am glad you will stay with Holiday Inn again and can hope you stay with us again.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

From the welcoming reception greeting my stay has sadly gone downhill.
Ok.
1st floor room (no lift) is possibly the smallest & tiredest room I have stayed in.
Celebrated pillows disappointing & hardly room to walk down one side of bed.
Restaurant was understaffed & felt I should assist in clearing table - note waitress's polite & friendly.
All in all not the best stay experience so far!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HemelGerry
Dear Gerry F, thank you for writing some feedback on your stay with us. I am very sorry you didn't have the best experience with us. Unfortunately, a few of our rooms are smaller and older than the rest however, we are due for these to be refurbished early next year. I am also sorry that you felt the restaurant was too busy for the staff. I hope we can welcome you back where a better experience will be had.

Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I tried to get an 11 day stretch in Cheltenham, but due to scheduling ended up in this Holiday Inn in Gloucester, about 7 miles away. I had a small, but functional room with a queen size bed, desk and fridge (which I didn’t find until nearly the end of my stay it was so well disguised). This is a fully functioning Holiday Inn, with a great spa/work out center, indoor pool, restaurant and bar. I dined most evenings in the bar, trying the various salads and warm entree’s on both the bar and restaurant menu. Everything was tasty and plentiful, with few exceptions. Don’t order the onion rings. They are “industrial.”Do try the flat bread pizza, it was quite tasty. But, most remarkable was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone, with singular exception, greeted me with a smile and asked if there was anything they could do for me. My initial reservation was off by a day, and Ali, at the front desk, helped me straight away and also found my IHG Rewards membership for me. Great staff, I will return.

Room Tip: A "standard" room has two twins beds.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Giant_Stride_SCU, thank yuo for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found that we had all the facilities for you and that you was able to enjoy our food in the restaurant and bar. I am very delighted that you found the friendliness of that staff remarkable and that you was greeted with a smile, I will pass on your special mention to Ali who will be pleased. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Many thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
The Edward Hotel
The Edward Hotel
#8 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!