“Very Good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
East Yorkshire
“Very Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed for Business and then RIAT at Fairford. Excellent hotel close to road network but in a quiet location.

Room was everything expected of Holiday Inn, clean, well maintained and in good working order if perhaps a little on the small size. I was on my own but if I had my wife with me it would have been a bit of a squeeze.

Internet worked well though not used for any serious processes such as viewing a video

Downside - short of 240v outlets, good job I carry an extension lead with me for my CPAP machine + the many other things that constantly need re charging.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear PhilipLJackson, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found us of a good location of where you was visiting and the hotel was clean and well maintained. I am sorry you found there to be not many outlets in your room and had to use an extension lead. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wasn't expecting much to be honest but have to say it was pretty much faultless. OK there was a very noisy wedding reception going on when we arrived, populated by the scariest looking locals I've ever seen (teeth clearly optional), but they didn't disturb us so fair enough. The room was nice, pretty big, and slept 2 adults and 2 kids really comfortably.
But dinner was the complete highlight. Probably the nicest, best value meal we've had in ages, including Las Vegas!!! Wonderfully presented, very tasty, excellent service, totally faultless. The kids loved it too. Who'd have thought it from a Holiday Inn on an industrial estate!

Room Tip: As far away from reception as possible as it gets very busy and noisy from the bar and function room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am over the moon that you enjoyed your time with us so much especially your dinner experience. I have already read out your review in our morning meeting and our Chef in particular was delighted! Thank you.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Modern front-of-house, but smallest room I've ever stayed in. Standard double bed, only room for one bedside table. Very unloved, stuck in a seventies time-warp, still smells of smoking in some places. Also wins prize for most expensive breakfast. Needs loads of TLC. Only free wifi if you're a Gold card member.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bev M
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am very sorry that your room was too small and smelt of smoke. This certainly should not have been the case and I have asked my team to investigate why. I apologise again and do hope this did not detract to greatly during your time with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again when I am positive your experience will be better. Just to clarify, IHG now offers free standard wifi to all member levels of IHG Rewards so I hope you can take advantage of this next time.

Thanks again for taking the time, it's appreciated.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here one night en route to Devon, the beds were dreadfully hard and when I mentioned it in the morning was told they were standard in all Holiday Inns. This is patently not correct as we stayed in the Holiday Inn in Calais early July and the beds were fine. We will not be staying here again unless the beds are changed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am sorry you found the beds too hard. The beds are a standard and are all purchased from the same supplier in the UK estate but I believe this may not be the case in other countries.

I do apologise you found them uncomfortable and hope it didn't detract too much during your time with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel twice now once last September and once in May, for the price you cant fault it, had enjoyable stays both times, clean and comfortable, food in restaurant is good although both times service was very very slow we had to wait over an hour for our food both times but as we were with a group all chatting away we didn't mind. Ignor negative reviews as said before for the price The hotel is perfect if you want a higher standard I guess you have to be prepared to pay a higher price somewhere else!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!

I am very sorry that on both occasions you have stayed with us there was a delay with your food service. Even when busy this shouldn't happen so I do apologise.

I was delighted to read though that you enjoy staying with us and I hope we have another opportunity to look after you again in the near future.

Thank you again for taking the time, it's appreciated.
Dunstable, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lovely hotel, staff very friendly and efficient.

Restaurant likewise. Food good.

However, the main reason I booked this Hotel over others was their leisure facilities. But when I tried to book a massage I was told, 'sorry Sir they are on holiday'. ?????????????

This was not notified in advance to my knowledge. I would have not booked this hotel and paid more than their competitors prices.

Not good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert B
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very sorry that you were unable to book a beauty treatment. There are only two team members in beauty so when one is on annual leave, it does restrict the number of treatments we can offer so I apologise about this.
I was however delighted that you felt the food and team were good.
Thank you again for taking the time, it's appreciated.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently stayed on a Saturday night. Had pre booked so check in easy and lady receptionist very polite and helpful. Rooms clean, good size and we'll equipped, bathroom clean but a little tired.
We had bar meals watching the football, no complaints and reasonably priced.
We had booked breakfast, plenty of choice and unlimited coffee.
The only negative is probably location if looking for a city visit as a taxi would be necessary for a visit to the docks if you propose to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Ask for one closer to reception
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I was delighted you felt the hotel was good value if a little distance from the city centre. Thank you also for your positive comments regarding the team and food, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!