“It's all in the service”
Review of The Edward Hotel

The Edward Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Warwick, United Kingdom
“It's all in the service”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nicely located, friendly, independent hotel. Owners away when we visited but it was business as usual as their parents (probable previous owners) were in charge. Even the lightning strike which set off the fire alarms at 5 in the morning wouldn't put me off returning. Service at breakfast was a bit slow, but don't let it put you off, just factor it in

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when we were in the city for a wedding. On arrival we were informed we had been upgraded to a larger room! Great size and comfort for less than £60.
It was our first time in the area and the lady gave us a map and directions to the wedding venue.
Unfortunately I slept through breakfast so can't comment on the food but I was still impressed it was included in the low price.
Being able to leave the car in their carpark whilst we explored Gloucester after checking out was very convenient.
It will be my first choice hotel when visiting Gloucester again.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Amy H
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here because I was attending my final year exams at university. I also had a young baby and my fiancé came to stay. I cannot stress how accommodating the owners were. Extremely friendly and provided us with a cot to put little one in. We stayed in the Superior Double room and paid a very cheap price for it! I think we had a complimentary upgrade (for no reason at all apart from kindness!).

Well let me tell you... The bed was massive and the room extremely cosy. As parents it was very comforting staying in a room that was beautiful but had a warm, homely feel to it. The décor was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious. Lovely and rustic.

The owners were nice, nice people. Very funny and charming. They were so likeable that we really felt respect for the hotel in which we were staying in (compared to large, cheap companies). I would definitely stay here again if ever I happened to visit Gloucester and I would recommend The Edward Hotel to anyone and everyone with my eyes closed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LadyofWinterfell
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a delightful night at the Edward. Small room with comfortable bed and welcoming maître dit. Breakfast girls were charming, polite and helpful. Fantastic veggie breakfast and loads of coffee. Made up for the bad experience we had the previous night at a different hotel in Gloucester and we felt safe and looked after. :-)

Room Tip: Follow the plates!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dolphinsmile8
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely place to stay in a great location with parking. The hotel from the outside doesn't look like much but when you get inside it honestly feels like a home away from home.

We were greeted by a lovely gentleman who talked us through what was around the local area and then walked us to our room. The rooms are lovely, cosy, homely and spacious.

Full English breakfast was yummy and included in the price. We also needed a late check out and wasn't charged any extra.

I have another function in Gloucestershire in August and I would seriously consider staying here again

Well done to the owners of The Edward Hotel you have a lovely hotel there x

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicola F
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First the good points: This hotel is very conveniently situated forwalking into Gloucester. Car parking (free) is an added bonus. Our bedroom was spotlessly clean, as was everywhere else we could see.
Now to the breakfast...... Yes, there was a huge choice of cereals, but some fruit other than grapefruit would have been good. The fried breakfast was dreadful: bacon and sausages had obviously been pre-cooked and microwaved. The bacon resembled cardboard and, not having a hacksaw to hand, the sausages were impenetrable. We would have been quite happy to wait for a 'FRESHLY' cooked breakfast rather than the speedy microwave version.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C H
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed there to go to Gloucester Rugby match. The hotel location was excellent, 10 minutes down the road was the City Centre and it was 15 minutes to Kingsholm. Our room was nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly and accommodating with my boyfriend's disability. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple