“Great Service”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here as an overnight stop, the staff on reception we're always very friendly, welcoming and helpful. We ate and had drink in the attached beefeater, and again the service from the staff was very good, when our food arrived it was placed in front of the correct person who order that meal, the waitress remembered our individual food orders even though it was a busy Friday night. The only thing was the food was not that great, also the cooked breakfast was not great. As even though it was cooked to order, it was not very hot and did not seem very fresh. It seemed a lot of extra money, however the options on the continental breakfast were excellent and was great value for money and when I next stay at a premier inn, this is the option I will have and I would recommend. Our room was clean and tidy and as it was a hot day a nice touch of the staff was that they had turned the fans on in our rooms before our arrival so that the rooms were cool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jane G, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Gloucester Longford Premier Inn.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion the restaurant did not meet your expectations, I have ensured your feedback has been passed on to the restaurant General Manager. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Zoe Hegarty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Firstly I just want to say that despite all the issues I had staying here, the staff were lovely! The two ladies on reception in the afternoon were ever so helpful so my complaint isn't against them.

I've stayed in several premier inns for both work stays and with friends and never been disappointed. This is the first time I stayed at a premier inn and felt like I would rather make the two hour trip home everyday, saving me staying in agony another night.

There was nothing premier at all about the room! There was the lack of a lift, the noise, cramped space and broken air con to name a few things.

This is the 1st time that I've stayed in a hotel and been afraid to take my shoes off as the carpet looked filthy and was all torn and tatty. The locks on the door were rusty and parts of the door chipped. The t.v kept randomly switching off and the air con didn't work. Fans were placed in our rooms which didn't help the heat at all causing me 2 have nights with minimal sleep whilst having to carry out a company presentation the next day. The hotel had a lot of school children staying over who stayed awake all night blasting their tvs and running up and down the corridor. Due to the walls being paper thin and rooms so small, everything could be heard. The floor in the bathroom was sticky and my colleague in the room next door had stains on her sheets!

Due to the lack of lift, I had to cart my laptop, suitcase and several bags up the stairs in separate visits, wasting time which I didn't help.

I booked the breakfast for two mornings only to find there was a fly stuck to the hash brown which had been cooked. The staff at the Beefeater that served the premier inn breakfast were very apologetic, and I understand mistakes can be made. The only reason I have mentioned this as this just topped up my bad experience!

The reason this hotel was booked was to ensure that time was not wasted travelling back and forth from home (2 hours away) so we could concentrate on our work and presentation prep for a 3 day work course in Gloucester. I would rather have travelled 2 hours every day and get decent sleep and a decent stay! I've never been so disappointed in a hotel.

The only thing that made the stay worthwhile were the lovely ladies in reception that made my stay bearable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sab681
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ate here last night had a lovely meal service by Toni . We ate at table table Tigworth tonight not a patch on your chef very well done to you all.the steak was very good and the salad was fresh and good

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A good location just 20mins walk to the city centre. Excellent staff, clean rooms although needing a refresh in the near future I think. I would definitely stay there again. A mixed experience however with the adjoining Beefeater but that will be covered in another review.

Room Tip: Well off the road so no problem with traffic noise
1 Thank Bob5353
Havana, Cuba
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Yep all the following words describe my nights stay here
Average, Standard, convenient, ok, mediocre, basic, must do better, room for improvement.

Yes this is ok for 1 nights stay and convenient for motorway, business or watching the rugby nearby but there are improvements needed.

Reception service, friendly and efficient.
Rooms - getting tired and in need to be freshened.

Breakfast in nearby beefeater pub: Probably the worst breakfast ever
Poached eggs overcooked by at least 10mins, Awful cut of bacon and undercooked, save your money and get breakfast elsewhere.

Premier Inn needs to improve the WIFI process too, 30mins free and then charge extra....No give free access to all.

won't be returning to this hotel...shame as I am staying in other premier inn at the weekend....hope for better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Essex
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had 2 nights here and it was all you would expect from a budget hotel. Clean and tidy, fair price per night, large main room, fairly large bathroom, good house-keeping service. Close enough to allow us to spend a day at Gloucester Quays and far enough away from the noise of passing traffic. If we go back to Gloucester it's the first hotel I would look at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jane G, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

The team and I are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

very comfortable clean friendly hotel will stay again ,great location close to everything iv stayed in a good few premier inns and this one is as good as any iv stayed in before always a great welcome

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs.

Thank you once again for your review.