“Premier Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
“Premier Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

In contrast to recent reviews, and although the Hotel was not the newest in the Premier Inn chain, I found little to complain about. Apart from maybe a carpet shampoo, the bedroom was well valeted and everything in its place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane G, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at Gloucester Longford Premier Inn.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we endevour to provide our guests a clean, comfortable environment and 1st class service so your feedback is valuable to us to ensure we carry that out.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Zoe Hegarty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Despite one or two adverse comments on the website we chose to stay here as the location was good for where we wanted to visit and weren't disappointed. Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Location good for Tewkesbury or Gloucester

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaisyDay22
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. I have shared your comments with the team and they are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your review.

Gloucester Longford Premier Inn
Dumfries And Galloway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

-excellent value for money
-rooms were very clean and well laid out
-rooms were modern style
-friendly staff and catering
-excellent disabled facilities, spacious rooms and easy access.
-The Beefeater restaurant was very handy for meals and drinks at nightime
-30 mins roughly to a lovely town called Tewkesbury (must visit) for anyone who has never been
Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs.

Thank you once again for your review.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel staff were excellent, helpful and courteous at all times. The location was ideal, close enough to walk to town. Meals were well served and delicious. The room and bathroom were clean and beautifully white bed linen and towels.

1 Thank Anne O
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Gloucester Longford Premier Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you found the team to be helpful and friendly and your room to be clean and tidy. The team are also delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here as an overnight stop, the staff on reception we're always very friendly, welcoming and helpful. We ate and had drink in the attached beefeater, and again the service from the staff was very good, when our food arrived it was placed in front of the correct person who order that meal, the waitress remembered our individual food orders even though it was a busy Friday night. The only thing was the food was not that great, also the cooked breakfast was not great. As even though it was cooked to order, it was not very hot and did not seem very fresh. It seemed a lot of extra money, however the options on the continental breakfast were excellent and was great value for money and when I next stay at a premier inn, this is the option I will have and I would recommend. Our room was clean and tidy and as it was a hot day a nice touch of the staff was that they had turned the fans on in our rooms before our arrival so that the rooms were cool.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Gloucester Longford Premier Inn.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion the restaurant did not meet your expectations, I have ensured your feedback has been passed on to the restaurant General Manager. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Firstly I just want to say that despite all the issues I had staying here, the staff were lovely! The two ladies on reception in the afternoon were ever so helpful so my complaint isn't against them.

I've stayed in several premier inns for both work stays and with friends and never been disappointed. This is the first time I stayed at a premier inn and felt like I would rather make the two hour trip home everyday, saving me staying in agony another night.

There was nothing premier at all about the room! There was the lack of a lift, the noise, cramped space and broken air con to name a few things.

This is the 1st time that I've stayed in a hotel and been afraid to take my shoes off as the carpet looked filthy and was all torn and tatty. The locks on the door were rusty and parts of the door chipped. The t.v kept randomly switching off and the air con didn't work. Fans were placed in our rooms which didn't help the heat at all causing me 2 have nights with minimal sleep whilst having to carry out a company presentation the next day. The hotel had a lot of school children staying over who stayed awake all night blasting their tvs and running up and down the corridor. Due to the walls being paper thin and rooms so small, everything could be heard. The floor in the bathroom was sticky and my colleague in the room next door had stains on her sheets!

Due to the lack of lift, I had to cart my laptop, suitcase and several bags up the stairs in separate visits, wasting time which I didn't help.

I booked the breakfast for two mornings only to find there was a fly stuck to the hash brown which had been cooked. The staff at the Beefeater that served the premier inn breakfast were very apologetic, and I understand mistakes can be made. The only reason I have mentioned this as this just topped up my bad experience!

The reason this hotel was booked was to ensure that time was not wasted travelling back and forth from home (2 hours away) so we could concentrate on our work and presentation prep for a 3 day work course in Gloucester. I would rather have travelled 2 hours every day and get decent sleep and a decent stay! I've never been so disappointed in a hotel.

The only thing that made the stay worthwhile were the lovely ladies in reception that made my stay bearable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sab681
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ate here last night had a lovely meal service by Toni . We ate at table table Tigworth tonight not a patch on your chef very well done to you all.the steak was very good and the salad was fresh and good