“Beautiful views good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Farmers Table

The Farmers Table
Ranked #34 of 321 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Beautiful views good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel nearby and walked over for lunch. Good food and very good coffee. Spectacular views. Pleasant staff. A wonderful find.

“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We found the Farmer's Table quite by chance. Oh, but what a find! Today we were a party of 4 plus a canine companion. We dined al fresco taking in the beautiful scenery.

We ate 1.Brie, grape & cranberry panini 2. Goats cheese & red onion panini 3.Roast beef & horseradish baguette 4. Ham, egg & chips. All were tasty & generous. The cakes were just too tempting, so I opted for lemon curd & the rest of the party selected the lime & pistachio. Light & moist! All-in-all a wonderful meal & definitely worth a return visit!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PandoraPistis
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great service and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Nice large portions all freshly prepared and served with a smile. Plenty of choice of hot or cold snacks and meals great place to stop for just a coffee and cake or something more substantial. The large glass frontage give nice views over the fields and would be pleasant to sit on a sunny day. Look out for the resident goose!!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Welshwelly
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Great views, but don't bother if you want nice food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

It all looks very promising and the farm shop is well stocked with tasty looking things, but don't bother having lunch there if you are hungry- it is really quite pricey- we spent £25,- on two lunches and 2 coffees. My friend had an all day breakfast which was decidedly average but I was very disappointed with my lunch- a tiny (quite tasty, but nothing special) veggie tart with a small slice of goat's cheese, 3 tiny new potatoes cut in half, and half a plate of really awful salad which was basically watery, tasteless iceberg lettuce, a couple of slices of flavourless unripe tomato, and a few tiny bits of celery with a sliver or two of radish. There was no salad dressing, only sachets of catering mayonnaise which clearly did nothing to enhance this poor excuse for a salad. All this cost £7, 25, and as the only edible parts were the tiny tart and the miniature spuds (cut in half by some bright spark , no doubt in an attempt to fool customers into thinking there were twice as many) I was still hungry when I left. I complained and the young chap serving seemed to agree this was a poor effort, but only offered us free coffees by way of compensation. Don't be fooled people- it's probably fine if all you want is a coffee and a nice view, but if you are hungry, don't bother! I wrote a comment in the visitors' book, and noticed that there were several similar comments, but the management clearly don't read these or take any notice of their customers' reviews, or this website for that matter!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank redhotdutch
Juliette F, Manager at The Farmers Table, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
We thank all customers for thier reviews whether or not they are hard to hear at times.
Whilst we are "out of season" unfortunately the salad items we buy in are not of the flavour of what we would grow ourselves in our poly tunnel "in season". I am very sorry you felt disappointed with the salad. We do have a lovely range of salad dressings available from a local company Cotswold Gold and we would really recommend trying the raspberry vinegarette to liven things up a little.
We endevour to resolve any problems as they may occur at The Farmers Table and am sorry that you feel that yours had'nt been.
We do hope to see you again as we have a great selection of local produce here supporting the local economy.
Wotton-under-Edge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“breakfast with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We love going for breakfast, sitting next to the window and enjoying the panoramic views. Our breakfasts have been tasty and well presented and I would have given 5 stars if not for the following:
1. my breakfast did not include marmalade for my toast and I was rather disappointed to find that it would cost me an extra £1, I only wanted enough for 1 slice so I didn't bother.
2. the poor quality of the orange juice, which was not cheap. I have Tropicana or similar at home and would expect a good quality juice with my breakfast when eating out, especially for the price it was.

• Visited November 2013