“Best curry house!”

Add it.
Monsoon
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I'm very lucky in that when I moved into my new home, this restaurant is within 3 minutes walk. It has the most interesting and varied menu I have seen in a long time (without being over the top and so impossible to choose!)

All the meals I have had there, alone and with friends, have been excellent, whatever the dish. The other element which makes the Monsoon my Indian restaurant of choice - the superb customer service. Even if I arrive near closing, I always get a friendly reception and they really do do everything they can to make sure I enjoy my dining experience. There are several Indian restaurants in Stonehouse and Stroud, but I am not tempted to try elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Wonderful restaurant staff are so friendly great food all comes fresh and hot one of my favourite restaurant in Gloucestershire highly recommend

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I m a regular customer of monsoon restaurant never had bad meal honestly say it's very nice restaurant food is awesome service is so friendly chicken tikka nowabi is one of the best curry highly recommend

Reviewed 26 March 2013

There were 4 of us away for the Cheltenham Festival & as it was our first night we thought we would have a few drinks then eat out at an indian restaurant. The Monsoon was reccommended to us so we headed off there. We all ordered different items, yet when they arrived they were all covered with the same saucewhich was bright red in colour, we all had a taste of each other's food and the only difference was that some were a bit hotter than other's. We could not taste the food at all as it was very bland & the sauce over powered it. When the waiter arrived to ask how our food was, we told him of our issues & he just gave us a miserable stare & walked away. We should have walked out there & then, but as we were so hungery we ate what we could but still left quite a lot, the best of the night was the appetizer's they brought before our main meal.

1  Thank Yiddotel
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I have probably eaten here on average once a week for the last two years (since they opened). Mostly take-away, but several eat-ins with friends and family.

Firstly I'd say consistently the best in Stonehouse (we've tried). It's also good value and friendly.

Between us we've probably eaten about 70% of the menu, and have yet to find something we didn't like.

As I said when picking up a meal tonight - if it wasn't good I wouldn't keep coming back.

Well done, and thanks - keep it up!