“Excellent”

The Barn Owl Centre
Ranked #19 of 82 things to do in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: Due to on going development, we are only open to the public by booking only, bookings relate to a number of Owl & Bird of Prey Experiences we do, which includes Photography Days. Please visit our website for further details, times & cost. For anyone visiting us to purchase an Owl Nest Box or Gift Vouchers, please give us a call before setting off. Please note that the Barn Owl Centre is a Rescue & Rehabilitation Centre as well as an Owl Conservation Centre.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have known the Barn Owl Centre for many years. What can I tell you. The birds are very well looked after and trained by very dedicated people. They work with birds who have had a difficult life and they strive to make them as happy and comfortable as possible. Those same staff are just as dedicated to making sure you have a fantastic time.
I count everyone human and bird alike at the Centre as good friends and don't get to see them enough. A very dedicated and hard working centre that works very hard for everyone. My parents always take our visitors from abroad there ad always a good time is had

1  Thank Paul D
"handlers"
"interests"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I took my elderly parents for a nice, relaxing day out at the Owl centre. From the moment we arrived, the staff were extremely rude. The Experience was a gift voucher, so it was too late to get our money back, but we almost walked out after a few minutes - we were so insulted by the rudeness of a gentleman there. As I was an extra visitor, we were asked to pay (more than was quoted on the voucher), and the money was just shoved into a pocket - I didn't think to request receipt. It was extremely disappointing as we had travelled some distance and did not expect to be treated so disgracefully by someone running a public attraction. I would thoroughly recommend that you do not visit this venue, unless you are prepared to be insulted and have a very bad and extremely upsetting experience!

8  Thank Lou D
Vincent J, Owner at The Barn Owl Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Readers.
Review posted 15th November 2013 yet it is mentioned the visit took place during July 2013.

We would like to defend these comments because we do question the truth of what we feel is a commercially driven attack on our staff & experiences.

As we only open by pre-booking only, all guests arrive at a set time. Before entry to an experience, all guests are kept as a group, which enables us to speak to our guests as one before letting them into the Centre. If what Lou D is saying is true, our rudeness & shoving money into his pocket would have been witnessed by the other guests.

We just hope that anyone reading this review will see through his comments & also see how easy it is to sign in to say bad things about a place they have never visited.

Barn Owl Centre

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent Saturday morning at the centre and what an amazing experience. The staff are incredible. Their knowledge, their philosophy, their relationships with the birds, all truly inspirational. I can't recommend this highly enough.
To have a bird of prey or an eagle owl on your arm, to be that close, to actually experience the majesty, the power the beauty is almost beyond words.
Best 3 hours I think I have ever spent!!!!

2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our 4th visit on a Photographic day, and Vince yet again gave us a perfect day adapting photo opportunities to suit us, and yes we will be back again next year

Col and Sara Page