“Lovely meal”

Aroma Indian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 321 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: MONDAY CLOSED
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I visited Aroma on Saturday night and had a lovely meal.

The staff were all extremely friendly and made me feel very welcome from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.

We had to wait for about 10 minutes to get a table, but that was no problem at all.

Would definitely visit again.

4 Thank Hop_N_Broads

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, food, low price.....my all-time favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I first reviewed Aroma when it opened a couple of years ago. At that point, it scored 5 stars across the board. I thought that this May have been an introductory thing, and that the quality would drop off with time. I was wrong! We went again last night, had 3 courses, mostly of dishes which we had never heard of! We also had a Bottle of Zinfandel blush. Service was great, food was spot on. Portion sizes were right too. The great part though was the bill! 3 courses plus wine for two people was only £44.

We intend to go back as soon as we can, and try to work through the menu. I could take quite a few visits! Well done Aroma!

5 Thank JohnRicketts
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A different Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Having moved the Gloucester fairly recently my wife and I are now looking at different places to enjoy eating out. So we referred to Trip Advisor.
As we like Indian food and this restaurant is 3rd on the list of Gloucester restaurants we decided to give it a go last night (Thursday). We were not disappointed.

This is an Indian Restaurant that is different. The menu is not very extensive bug enough to make it very interesting and to try something different to eat. The service is extremely good with the utmost politeness. We tried different dishes, but I was also very interested to see an Indian family come in to eat and order a meal I had never seen before. I found it at the back of the menu and think it is called a Dofti or similar.

It is not cheap but middle of the road. All together, a very good eating place.

5 Thank Oakley P
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Quite simply one of the best I've had”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We visited this Indian restaurant after looking at it's ratings on Tripadvisor and they certainly do not lie. The proprietor greeted us with a huge smile and showed us to our table. The menu was varied with lots of meals that I had not seen before and we were not rushed at all, as so often the case in popular restaurants. The proprietor took great delight in explaining the origins of some of the dishes and how they were cooked, he made us feel very welcome. The food itself was a delight, the portions were just the right size and we could taste the freshness of the dishes, the sauces obviously made from scratch for each dish.This is simply one of the best Indian meals I've ever had and I've had a few.

6 Thank oldhammer1966
“Yum Yum!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Ended a great evening here a few weeks back.
It was my first time in the restaurant and I was blown away by the fantastic service and the amazing food that was prepared. I would highly recommend anyone to pay a visit.

• Visited July 2014