“Very brief but enjoyable visit”

Hubble Bubble Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I popped in yesterday for some soup (roasted red pepper and rosemary) and a drink (home made lemonade). Very friendly service, and the soup was absolutely delicious: the lemonade really was made on the premises and was lovely. I'm coming to work in Gloucester, and it's a pity that they don't close a little later, otherwise I can imagine spending a fortune there on dinners. It was interesting overhearing (not deliberately!) the conversation of some of the staff during their short break - their contempt for processed food was very obvious. I will certainly be back to sample their burgers very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Dissapointed when we visited earlier in the year and wanted to try the burger as been highly recommended by friends. Their reason was that they had a special tea as the 'special of the day' so no burger. Was happy with my sweet potato. Would give it another go to try the burger.

2  Thank Graham W
hubblebubblecoffee, Owner at Hubble Bubble Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hubble Bubble prides itself on having high standards and endevours to make sure every meal that leaves its kitchen are of the best quality. We are so glad that you enjoyed the sweet potato jacket you decided to have as a substitute.

Unfortunately due to our strong views on ethically sourcing local and seasonal meats (such as venison and Wild boar) We are forced to alter our menu and sadly sometimes we cannot offer the burgers we have come to be known for!

We do however offer a wide variety of choice with a quirky twist and hope that this will more than make up for the ever changing options we provide in our cafe.

we encourage you to come back soon and hopefully then you will get the chance to try our really rather different burgers.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

After approximately 10 visits to Hubble Bubble I feel it's time to say a little something about this fantastic little cafe. I have eaten on every visit and the food is consistently nothing short of fantastic. From the rustic style presentation, the melt in the mouth chicken, the freshness of the salads to the unbelievable wild boar burgers and sausages, this tiny treasure tucked away by the cathedral serves some of the tastiest food I have EVER eaten. Add to that a delicious selection of cakes, superb coffee (being a Mocha fan, I can hand on heart say they serve the best I have ever tasted) and home made lemonade, charming and polite staff (who all happen to be beautiful btw) you will NOT regret a visit.

2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch whilst visiting Gloucester, and what a great little find.
We sat outside in the sunshine and fancied something different, they did various quiches with a small side salad mixed with herbs, a side of potato salad,a small dish of pasta in a creamy dressing and all fresh and tasty and scrumptious.Prices very reasonable as well.

2  Thank Jan R
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, beautiful location and friendly staff. What more could you want? I highly recommend this little place. We live in Gloucester and only went due to the reviews on Trip Advisor and we are so glad we did. You may need to get there early as it does get busy due to its size. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Bombshelled