“Outstanding Apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
beside all the shops,Bars,Cafes
The Apartment is fully furnished and made to feel like a home.once you stay here you will be back!! Gloucester Cathedral which is a 10 minute walk from the Docks,this is a must see on your list
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Go up the SPIRAL STAIRS to the Master
Bedroom with double Doors which over look the Docks!!
Lounge also has double doors opening on to  a FAB view over the Docks
also a large sash window
First Bedroom with large Double bed,and big sash
window also with great views  over the Docks.
10-15 mins walk is:City Centre,Bus St,Train St, Cathedral, Night Life,
Glos Rugby,Coffee shops
Gloucester Docks has now been transformed into a Busy,Vibrant area
attracting many visitors.
There is private gated parking for one car,and  a lift up to the penthouse with views of the Docks
Clean and fully equipped kitchen with large window giving plenty of light and views of the Docks
8 mins walk :
Outlet Shopping Centre
 outdoor Dining,Coffee shops,bars,and MUCH MORE !!!
Go up the spiral stairs to the Main W/C with shower over the bath and a Velux window for good light
Master Bedroom with black out blinds on the Velux windows to ensure a good night sleep,
Down Stairs-First Floor
W/C beside the 1st Double Bedroom off the
Hallway, Dining/Lounge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Superunkn...
Lichfield
“Outstanding Apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

We spent a long weekend in this wonderful apartment in Gloucester Docks. My hubby and I enjoyed ourselves so much we are hoping to go back again in 2014. The owners, Sharon and Mike, were really quick at responding to any queries when I was looking to book the property initially. I got all the answers I needed promptly and I was able to book pretty soon after enquiring. I would say this is the smoothest holiday booking I have ever made. The directions to the apartment were very straightforward and, whilst Gloucester is a city, I found it easy to get about with and without the car. Getting to the apartment from the M5 was no problem. On arriving outside the building, Sharon came over to us and introduced herself after checking we were her booking. We got a very warm welcome and she showed us where to park and gave us an enthusiastic tour around the apartment. You can see how much she loves the apartment and its location.

I have to say that, whilst the photographs of the apartment do show how lovely it is, when you see it in real life it is even better. The apartment is full of quality furnishings and extra touches that helped make our stay even better. The colour co-ordination is very refreshing with pretty pictures and additions that make the apartment feel very homely. Some apartments are very bereft of things like this and can feel a bit sterile. The upstairs bedroom is amazing, very spacious and beautiful with lovely French doors and a Juliette balcony with fabulous views over Gloucester Docks. Be careful on the spiral staircase. We took slippers with us and I would recommend using these to walk up. It is absolutely fine just not recommended to walk up in bare feet. It is always best to be careful on stairs. I took all sorts of extra things with me that I did not need. As it was an apartment, I expected rubbish heating. I took a small oil filled radiator with me just in case. It stayed in the car. Despite the weather being pretty cold, the apartment was lovely and warm. I took a few fluffy throws with me as we might need them with it being a cold time of year and apartments can be quite draughty. We didn’t need to bring any as some were provided. That is a first. The heating was great anyway so no need. The welcome pack was wonderful with all sorts provided. Very thoughtful items that really came in useful. It was nice to be left some fresh milk, a loaf and some butter too. The provision of hand soap too is extremely helpful. I had dry hands and forgot my hand cream. Not a problem, there was some in the kitchen.

There is plenty to do in the locality with lots of bars, restaurants, shops and even a cinema. The city of Gloucester itself is beautiful with some interesting shops and architecture. Keep your eye out for Patisserie Valerie and the watchmakers shop with the full size striking figures above the shop window. There were some fascinating sculptures in Gloucester and around the docks area and we very much enjoyed having a wander around with our cameras taking photos of all sorts of things, buildings, narrowboats, a boat from Penzance even. There are plenty of shops so it would be a great location for the most serious of shopaholics. There is truly something for everyone in Gloucester. I found the history of the building fascinating coming from a legal background. I won’t spoil the voyage of discovery here though by mentioning the legal case surrounding the building that set a precedent that is still current today. Have a look in the folder in the apartment as this gives a lot of excellent information.

Thanks to Sharon and Mike for a wonderful stay. We will be back.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
13 Jan 2014
Thank you for posting a thorough review, we really appreciate it. We're delighted you enjoyed your time in Gloucester and felt the apartment was outstanding, it was a pleasure for us to hear. We strive to ensure a good holiday stay from start to finish and shall endeavour to ensure we have more contented holiday makers in the future.
Claire P
“Gem of a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Having travelled 300 miles we were thrilled to find ourselves in this beautiful apartment. We couldn't fault attention to detail paid by the lovely owners Michael and Sharon. The apartment surpassed our expectations, having everything we needed for a home from home vacation in a central area. The docks is thriving, with shops, bars and restaurants, all within a very short walk.
The welcome pack was a nice touch, with all we needed for a hot drink and a snack following a long drive.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay again, and certainly hope to in the near future.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
6 Jan 2014
We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we aim to make the apartment as a home from home experience. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The bedroom on the second floor
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jan 2014
Thank you so much for the review we're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully will welcome you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing