This was our first stay with Premier Inn and we were no disappointed. The chain has a no nonsense approach, but supplies almost every amenity necessary ( the only thing missing was a box of tissues - but I will know next time.
The parking here is ample, with an excellent Wheatstone inn for eating, literally next door.
The hotel is just off the M5 so is easy for access. (Junction 11a or 11 depending on which direction you are coming from.
The hotel is clean, well presented with excellent housekeeping. The complementary tea and coffee, as always run out quickly, but the reception staff are more than happy to supply extras,
The beds are huge and incredibly comfortable ( as advertised on TV).
The rooms are well appointed with quiet, clean with well maintained bathrooms. ( excellent shower). Towels are plentiful and pristine.
The staff here, just as in the Inn next door, cannot be praised enough Their attitude to work and their guests is excellent. We never experienced a miserable face or a lack of willingness to help. Indeed, they were always willing to chat, provide directions or, as stated earlier, let us replenish the tea/coffee etc.
We will definitely return here on our next visit to Gloucester, which is only a couple of miles away.
People have complained about traffic noise, but we never experienced any. Maybe if in the future, guests ask to be overlooking the car park this noise may diminish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Venture down the road to the historic Gloucester Docks or cheer on a winner at Cheltenham Racecourse ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Gloucester Hotel Gloucester
- Premier Inn Barnwood
- Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel Gloucestershire