“Food is good, if it arrives”

Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Food is good, if it arrives”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Visited restaurant for a nice meal with the wife, enjoying a good mixed grill. However, about 40 mins after ordering our desserts I had to ask the staff where they were. Some 5 mins later we were informed that one of the desserts was no longer available. We decided to get a refund rather than wait another 40 mins.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoe H, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for your review. Firstly, please accept my sincere apology for the services you received during your visit to the Oakwood Restaurant. I have noted your comments and I have brought it to the attention of the Restaurant General Manager. Please email your contact details to gloucester.oakwood@whitbread.com and the Restaurant Manager will be contacting you. Once again thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant.

Adi Kamanalagi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at this premier inn for 2 nights, room was spacious, unlike our friends who stayed at the same time. The staff were very helpful. We had breakfast on one morning and a carvery on evening and on both occasions could not fault the staff or food.

Great base for National Trust properties and attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Zoe H, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Adi Kamanalagi
UK
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed in this Premier Inn and as echoed, its not the best one we've stayed in. The beds were comfortable enough and it did what it said on the tin. Except someone had a shower upstairs and then the pipes started vibrating and sounded like a fire alarm which woke me and my husband up (we'd fallen to sleep at 8.30 pm because we were so knackered but the noise was loud enough to wake us up). We weren't sure if we needed to evacuate the building. I mentioned it to the receptionist who said "Oh we'll look into it" despite the fact I told her it had woken us up. So much for Good night guarantee or your money back!

Earlier in the evening we went for dinner. Again, standard table to table fayre - but the glasses were completely filthy. I'm not usually precious about that kind of thing - but the fact that every single piece of glassware had bits of food on it or unwashed lipstick on it - I think its pretty poor. Even when they supposedly 'washed' them, they were still filthy. someone needs to seriously look at their dishwasher (are you using 'salt', rinseaid, a dishwasher tablet even?) - and use a different one for glasses versus food and get their hands dirty and actually do them by hand. I think the problem in the restaurant is all the staff looked as though they were teenagers and probably don't know what quality service is. The 'wine' and 'tap water' tasted awful as a result. Though I thought the food was ok.

Room Tip: Try to eat elsewhere. Also, make sure you push reception to sort out the pipes otherwise noone would...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lovvers
Zoe H, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for your review of Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn. Please accept my sincere apologies about the disturbance caused by the noisy pipework. As the noise was intermittent our maintenance team were struggling to find the source of the problem but please be assured that the problem has been solved and you can have a restful night. I have passed your comments about the restaurant on to the restaurant General Manager as it is run separately from the Premier Inn.

Kind regards

Zoe Hegarty
Premier Inn Team Leader
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel when the rooms were on offer, so it was a really cheap stay. If I had paid the full price I would have been really disappointed.
Plenty of car parking and hotel is quiet as slightly away from the road which isn't one of the busiest anyway.
Only have double beds so if used to a bigger one they feel small. The springs in our mattress were broken but they swapped it after asking twice and the other one was ok but not great. The tv volume is restricted so hard to hear and the plumbing is noisy.
Breakfasts great but don't even bother with dinners - poor service and bad food.
Good location for transport links and definitely the nicest location of the Gloucester Premier Inns. If on a cheap offer and you only need a bed for the night I'd give it a go but otherwise shop around.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review of Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the dissapointment caused in regards to the matress, it is unacceptable that it took so many requests for it to be changed and for that reason I reimbursed 2 nights accomodation back to you by means of apology at the time. We do have to restrict the volume on the TV's but we are able to turn it up a few notches if requested. There has been an issue with the plumbing which has taken a little while to fix as we couldnt work out where the noise came from but the issue has been resolved now.

Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to type your comments.

Kind regards

Zoe Hegarty
Premier Inn Team leader
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is obviously one of Premier Inn's older properties but not really the worse for that. Very good, helpful and friendly service and clean rooms and bathrooms as one might expect but the room was looking a little tired. I had booked a twin which turned out to be a family room the downside of which meant that one adult had no reading light or bedside table. Not a massive problem for a one night stay but it would have been nice to know in advance what we were getting. The Table Table attached pub/restaurant for meals was very good; one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank frrogggy
Zoe H, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your review, firstly please accept my sincere apologise for the room type that was allocated to you during your stay.
At Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn, we strive to ensure that all guests enjoyed their stay in a comfortable environment.
Our reception team is available 24 hours and would gladly transfer you to a room you would be more comfortable in. I have passed your review to the staff and management of the Hotel and Table Table Restaurant and they are delighted that you have also enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

Adi Kamanalagi
Torrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Excellent hotel,very clean and quiet ,staff helpful and polite.ideally situated for Gloucester ( bus stop outside hotel) and for driving around the Cotswolds or the Forest of Dean ,as it is slightly out of the city,meant that the roads were quiet so made driving relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoe H, Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Adi Vonodra Kamanalagi
Reception/Reservation
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Twigwood doesn't show up on Google Maps or TomTom (XL) but was a very good choice. The room was a bit hot but not too bad (and I am a cold weather person) I think being an very old building the thick walls helped. Only wish it had aircon!
The staff were very friendly and although the website said the restaurant was under renovation I was pleased that it was fully open. The food was fine and of a decent standard. If I go back to the same area again then I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: A bit out in the countryside so no major roads.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn. We appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to continue to meet the expectations of our guest and give you the best possible service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Adi Vonodra Kamanalagi