“OK hotel. Avoid Table Table. So bad they named it twice.”

Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reading, United Kingdom
“OK hotel. Avoid Table Table. So bad they named it twice.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

As someone who has stayed in over 5 Premier Inn's, I trust what to expect from the chain (comfy beds, good facilities in the bedroom and at decent prices) What I didn't expect was to find blood spots on one of the spare pillows stuffed on top of the wardrobe (we took the pillow case off) apart from that the usual helpful staff and pleasant service I expect from Premier Inn personnel.

The restaurant adjoined to the hotel, Table Table was another matter altogether. Handy as it is, as well as pleasant to enjoy a drink in the beer garden, once we sat down to eat and be told there would be a 45 minute wait for food, it all went wrong.

I ordered the warm bread trio, my partner the nachos for starters.
My bread wasn't cooked fully through, which made it doughy to taste and hard to rip apart to dip into my balsamic dip, the nachos were so congealed to the bowl, my partner literally could only break off a corner of a tortilla chip to nibble on. Using a knife to no avail and realising we could turn the bowl upside down without anything fallen out onto the table we decided to send it back which duly happened when our waitress asked if 'everything was ok'.
2 minutes later (yes that quick to prepare and melt cheese over warm tortillas) we had another bowl on the table which wasn't glued to the bowl.

As we finished the starters I ordered another couple of drinks. 20 minutes later and after asking two members of staff, they finally arrived.

For main we ordered full rack of ribs for my other half and the 'luxury sausage and mash' for myself. What part of my meal of bangers, mash and three drops of gravy were luxury I do not know. Mash was stodgy the gravy was meagre.

My partners ribs were up to scratch, I enjoyed a few ribs offered to me.

Following morning and before breakfast we both had bad tummy ache, which we put to one side and enjoyed the very good breakfast in the same restaurant.

Leaving the hotel after both using the table table toilets and our rooms once more, we headed to Gloucester centre as part of our mini vacation, only for our day (as well as our night as I type this) ruined by food poisoning picked up the night before at Table Table.

Both myself and my partner have suffered all day with stomach cramps and frequent visits to the toilets.

Made me wish I hadn't bothered tipping the waitress now for feeling bad about sending the nachos back and asking about our drinks!

Won't be staying or visiting Twigworth Premier Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Skipp3r
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking & review details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Northampton
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We received a very warm welcome and all reception staff we saw during our stay were very friendly, cheerful and helpful. The room was typical Premier Inn and very clean, although the bath had hair in it. The bathroom was quite small compared to many Inns. Only one hand towel was provided but a second one was acquired from reception - who keep them behind the counter so obviously I am not alone in liking my own towel! The location is very handy for Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and the Cotswolds and the Inn itself was quite peaceful. It was noticeable that the room dividing walls appear to be thin and some noise from adjacent rooms can be heard, although not enough to be disturbing. Definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Malcolm T
AdiKamanalagi, Reception/Reservation team member at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn .

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent premier inn couldn't fault anything. Restuarant was lovely , food really nice ,.
Staff in premier and bar were polite and friendly .
Our daughter has a restricted diet due to a rare kidney disease and resturant manager warmed her meal up for her no problem.(other places have said no before)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn in the future.

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Driving past this pub it looked lovely , unfortunately we the opted for the carvery , bad decision , it was awful , the food was bland , I've had better school dinners , the only bonus was the staff , very friendly , and the pub itself is lovely

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the premier Inn Twigworth for 2 nights 26th & 27th May.

Our stay at this location was very pleasant .The staff were very good and indeed looked after us very well. The location was also good for us to travel about to Cotswolds and the places we wanted to see. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast very good

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back at Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our second time staying at this Premier Inn.It was clean and comfortable with a good size room with 2 seperate beds for our 2 children.Bathroom clean and powerful shower/water.Nice friendly welcome :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Honiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff could not have been more helpful
Clean, comfortable room
Still room or move despite 2 single beds, a huge double bed and a cot
Great breakfast
On leaving to go to a wedding there was a torrential thunderstorm, 2 umbrellas were provided and to top it all, a member if staff on her way home helped us to the car with one of our children and another umbrella!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Adi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel
Hatherley Manor
#1 of 1 in Down Hatherley
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Premier Inn Gloucester (Little Witcombe) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel? Share your experiences!