“Lovely place....room far too hot!”

Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
“Lovely place....room far too hot!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a family room with average temperature outside. Our room was on the first floor and was much smaller than we expected compared to other Premier Inn Hotels we have stayed at. That said it was extremely clean and there were more than enough towels for our family. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was 26 degrees when we arrived and remained at that temperature for the duration of our stay. It was unbearable in the room as it was just too hot. The desk top fan did not work when we tried it in the middle of the night and we did not want to disturb our children further by going to reception for a replacement. Due to this we had little to no sleep and our young children were restless. Having the window open made no difference at all. When we went down for breakfast the next morning we mentioned it to the reception staff and they provided us with a replacement fan immediately. We were very thankful of this but the room remained unbearably hot whilst we tried to get ready for a wedding. We felt hot, sweaty and uncomfortable....which is annoying as we stayed in a hotel the night before in order to be chilled out and relaxed. There was another family a few rooms from us reporting the same problem...the room was far too hot! On checkout my wife mentioned this problem again to reception and they offered a full refund without any hesitation. This hotel needs air conditioned rooms. It's a lovely place with lovely staff but I would not stay here again unless there was air conditioning installed in the rooms. I cannot imagine what it would be like on a hot day.

The table table pub adjoined to the hotel is lovely with a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff again were very lovely. Our evening meal was basic pub food but did not cost the earth and our breakfast was absolutely lovely, with plenty of choice.

In summary, lovely place, lovely staff, great atmosphere....far too hot !

Stayed July 2014
AdiKamanalagi, Reception/Reservation team member at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Gloucester Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by the Management and maintenance team at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very poor service and have to send back my beef lagasane has it was cold then wait. For another to be heated did not see another waiter until looked for the bill.NO Apologies it would have nice if somebody had come to see us WIll not be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wendy854
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Dorset
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lenny Henry didn't stay at this one! As far as Premier Inns are concerned this is a converted property with their standard interior decor and no air conditioning. Unfortunately during the summer evening that we stayed, the room was too hot. After disengaging the window lock we then listened to the passing traffic. A very uncomfortable night was had. They did provide a table fan for the room which worked on setting 1 (very slow) or setting 5 (mega fast with additional loud sound effects) Rooms are small and a squeeze to move around the bed and using the toilet side-saddle is a novelty. The hoover obviously didn't reach the edges of the rooms!
To be fair they refunded our £29.00 on their good night guarantee but there were many other guests in reception complaining that I doubt they took much money. I've stayed in losts of Prem Inns and unfortunately this one is below par. As for the food in Table Table well its average pub grub and pretty much hit or miss if they have your option. Porridge in the morning didn't go down well - but that now seems to be standard everywhere. For the money, it would be better to grab breakfast at Sainsburys down the road because £8+ is not good value and its not a buffet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and avoid summer months
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stan_from_Dorset
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by the Management team at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for a short 2 night break with my family. We have stayed in a number of Premier Inns, but not this one before. Great rural location and nice setting, away from the bustle of Gloucester city centre, but still easy to get to.
Reception staff were great and even offered to call their IT team (late Friday evening) to figure out why we were getting a poor wifi signal in our room (thank you Pauline!). We booked breakfast after arriving and then changed the booking on Sunday morning, but nothing was too much trouble (Pauline again).
Rooms were very clean, tidy and well maintained, even though the refurbishment programme hasn't reached here yet. Even with the older rooms, cleanliness, décor and standards are still well ahead of some 4/5* 'proper' hotels I have stayed in.
We only had breakfast in the restaurant, which offers the usual good value breakfast (especially with 2 children eating free). This restaurant doesn't have a buffet for the hot breakfast menu. This is actually an advantage, because our cooked breakfasts came out fresh, cooked to order and not having suffered from hot lamps. Service on both mornings was excellent and far better than indicated on a couple of earlier reviews.
Loads to see and do in the area and enjoyed it so much, we came straight home and booked for a further visit in August. Well done Premier Inn, Twigworth, for helping make a really enjoyable and relaxing family weekend.

Room Tip: I think the wi-fi is affected by the old thick walls & floors of the listed building. Our family...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AdiKamanalagi, Reception and Reservation Team member at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family used this Inn as a stop off before and after our holiday in Cornwall and couldn't be happier with the results. On our arrival we were greeted by friendly helpful staff who were happy to help. Our family room was clean and comfortable although very warm due to the weather. Maybe an upgrade to aircon would be useful. My little girl found her single bed comfortable and slept all night and ours was the usual comfy premier inn bed. Breakfast was lovely although we did feel a little sorry for the waitress Jean as she was the only 1 on the floor to greet and serve the guests plus keep the buffet stocked. She was very busy but still lovely and helpful. Overall a great stay both times and will definately use this Inn again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards

Adi
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

As someone who has stayed in over 5 Premier Inn's, I trust what to expect from the chain (comfy beds, good facilities in the bedroom and at decent prices) What I didn't expect was to find blood spots on one of the spare pillows stuffed on top of the wardrobe (we took the pillow case off) apart from that the usual helpful staff and pleasant service I expect from Premier Inn personnel.

The restaurant adjoined to the hotel, Table Table was another matter altogether. Handy as it is, as well as pleasant to enjoy a drink in the beer garden, once we sat down to eat and be told there would be a 45 minute wait for food, it all went wrong.

I ordered the warm bread trio, my partner the nachos for starters.
My bread wasn't cooked fully through, which made it doughy to taste and hard to rip apart to dip into my balsamic dip, the nachos were so congealed to the bowl, my partner literally could only break off a corner of a tortilla chip to nibble on. Using a knife to no avail and realising we could turn the bowl upside down without anything fallen out onto the table we decided to send it back which duly happened when our waitress asked if 'everything was ok'.
2 minutes later (yes that quick to prepare and melt cheese over warm tortillas) we had another bowl on the table which wasn't glued to the bowl.

As we finished the starters I ordered another couple of drinks. 20 minutes later and after asking two members of staff, they finally arrived.

For main we ordered full rack of ribs for my other half and the 'luxury sausage and mash' for myself. What part of my meal of bangers, mash and three drops of gravy were luxury I do not know. Mash was stodgy the gravy was meagre.

My partners ribs were up to scratch, I enjoyed a few ribs offered to me.

Following morning and before breakfast we both had bad tummy ache, which we put to one side and enjoyed the very good breakfast in the same restaurant.

Leaving the hotel after both using the table table toilets and our rooms once more, we headed to Gloucester centre as part of our mini vacation, only for our day (as well as our night as I type this) ruined by food poisoning picked up the night before at Table Table.

Both myself and my partner have suffered all day with stomach cramps and frequent visits to the toilets.

Made me wish I hadn't bothered tipping the waitress now for feeling bad about sending the nachos back and asking about our drinks!

Won't be staying or visiting Twigworth Premier Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Skipp3r
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking & review details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Northampton
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We received a very warm welcome and all reception staff we saw during our stay were very friendly, cheerful and helpful. The room was typical Premier Inn and very clean, although the bath had hair in it. The bathroom was quite small compared to many Inns. Only one hand towel was provided but a second one was acquired from reception - who keep them behind the counter so obviously I am not alone in liking my own towel! The location is very handy for Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and the Cotswolds and the Inn itself was quite peaceful. It was noticeable that the room dividing walls appear to be thin and some noise from adjacent rooms can be heard, although not enough to be disturbing. Definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Malcolm T
AdiKamanalagi, Reception/Reservation team member at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn .

Kind regards,