“Don't stay. Needs a complete deep clean.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Station Hotel

The Station Hotel
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Tunbridge Wells
“Don't stay. Needs a complete deep clean.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The only good thing was that the bed was clean. The rest of the hotel was just grubby. I made tea the first morning, but the milk and biscuits were not replaced for the next morning. The WiFi didn't work in the room or the bar. Breakfast was served, but no choice. It was just ' do you want cooked breakfast', then the lady was gone and you got on the plate the full works, whether you liked it or not... The coffee pot obviously had never been 'cleaned' just rinsed out. I am surprised this hotel,is on the Booking.com site. I cannot understand how it got 7.2 More like 2.2!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Aijade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel was average - but it was cheap - it looks like it needs a refurb. Wouldn't rush back but was okay for an overnight stay - on the whole wasn't impressed by the area it was in. Breakfast was okay - and the lady that served was pleasant. But on reflection wish we'd spent more and stayed some where better.

Room Tip: pay more and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlton5566
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Only stopped in for a couple of drinks before catching a train, but seemed like a nice place. Inside was tastefully decorated and there were outside tables with flower baskets adorning the building walls. Great location right next to the station and only about 5 minutes from the town centre

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rwoodgb
Swansea
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I did not stay at this hotel, however I did pop in for some food before I dropped a friend off for a train journey. Despite signs everywhere that had been put out that day stating that food was served all day, I was told that this particular day it is not the case but not told as to why. I was then told by the barmaid that I could park my car in the car park behind the hotel as it was owned by the manager. 2 minutes later, very luckily I walked outside to get something and noticed a lady from the council locking the car park, it was only by sheer luck that my car was not locked in there overnight. It turned out that the "car park" she was referring to was a single space in a different direction to where she had pointed. We then ordered some drinks, two of us had a beer and the other two had a packed of crisps and some squash. The barmaid told my friend that he had to order a drink as well as crisps if he wanted to stay. We resisted replying that we would have ordered meals and drinks had she been serving them. She and the manager then told my other friend that a soft drink "wasn't enough" to stay but then sold it to us anyway. We quickly finished up and left. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank lilchicamanpants

Travellers are raving about these Gloucester hotels

cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

the hotel bar was good, the hallway up to the rooms was being redecorated , but I think they should concentrate on the rooms instead. the room was very clean and the bathroom more than adequate BUT the room needs updating ,the colours were very drab and the furniture was old fashioned pine units and too big and cumbersome for the room and not necessary, less is more in some cases ,he room was unbearably hot no air-con but had a fan which was a bit noisy and didn't make much difference NOW good points ! tv was a modern flat screen and good coffee and tea making facilities, shower excellent, bar downstairs very good and great welcome. we booked with booking.com and the confirmation was a bit confusing as on one part it said it had been paid and then on another it said to pay on arrival. we paid on arrival which was hassle free and as we were a bit early we had a drink in the bar. when we returned later there was good music being played and stayed for a few drinks before bed, we had breakfast included but had to leave early the next day before 8.30 am so missed it, but the food that was being served during the day looked great. you can see they are trying to update the hotel and for a nights stay I would say it was ok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nikki0909
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I made a booking through Bookings.com for 2 nights for a young guy working in the area.
I received a call in the evening to say the manager would not let him check in as the room wasn't paid for. I spoke to the manager and he stated that I hadn't paid for the room. I gave him the confirmation number of the booking. He was adamant I needed to contact head office (which was closed) I contacted Bookings and they called the hotel to confirm the booking. He still wouldn't let the guy check in. He was rude and unhelpful even though I explained that he didn't have enough money to pay himself he still wouldn't let him in. This is a young man who was working nights who didn't have anywhere to stay. I had to find him alternative accommodation at 10pm at night so he wasn't stranded in Gloucester. Terrible service

Room Tip: Ensure payment and proof of payment before entering this hotel because the management has no conscie...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business