“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My company had a group of approximately 20 people stay at Travelodge this past week and we had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. We also appreciated the close location to our offices and several restaurants. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hotel personnel was extremely friendly and helpful (Jonas, Matt and all the others that I forgot the names of: thanks again!)
The rooms looked like they had just been completely redone. Comfortable bed, good water pressure in the shower, everything very clean.
If I'd have to name one 'negative' it would be the cooked breakfast (buffet). I'm not going to let that affect my score though, as it didn't personally bother me that much.
I was part of a pretty large group and we were very well looked after; this includes an emergency beer order (assuming the rumor is true).
Again, comfortable and great service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, opposite the ipro stadium, very helpful staff Jonas in particular. Easy reach of city center, lots of restaurants close by. Very good price for one night, in future I'll look at the availability of this hotel before any others.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed one night and went to a gig in Derby Town Centre. The hotel was within easy reach of the town centre by taxi. The staff at Reception and in the Bar were really warm, friendly and welcoming. The price was great (Twenty Five pounds / night). The hotel is clean and well maintained. Highly recommended if you're staying in Derby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed in Travelodge for the last few weeks, as I found it the most convenient place for my
business travels. I am really satisfied with the quality of the service and helpfulness of the staff. Every time during my stay in Travelodge, I had the chance to meet different members of the staff. I was impressed with one particular lady there. Her name was Ganka and she was very dedicated to the place and to what she was doing. She was really polite and always ready to help. As I am 7 months pregnant she made me feel, like I am really at home and assured me that if I need something she and the rest of the staff would be there to assist me with any of my needs. As I was travelling alone she was trying to make my stay secure by giving me a room on the ground floor, near to reception. She also gave me some great advices how to reach my work place and what to do to entertain myself in my spare time. I am really fascinated with her knowledge of the place and surrounding areas. She shares her opinion, only if you ask for it, and she does it in a way which is not pushy or intrusive. As it was raining in the morning, Ganka offered to book a taxi and helped me with my luggage, waited until I get into it, and wished me a safe journey home, which I found very polite and caring. I hope that all of the Travelodge hotels share the same high standards- care and respect for their customers.

Room Tip: Room number 10 is in the quieter part of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Galina K
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Not that I am tight with money, but I do not like to be hoodwinked.
Having paid upfront for a cheap weekend away, upon parking up outside the motel I was a little surprised to be greeted by two parking meters outside the front door of the motel.
We were greeted by the receptionist with "good morning have you paid the car park meter".
When querying this I was told "its not our car park and you have to pay"
When we stayed at another travel lodge recently in Colwyn Bay the parking fees to use another adjacent private car park we were refunded by Travelodge reception.
Seems to me Travelodge need some consistency in their approach
By the way its three pounds a day. Not a lot but it might have influenced my choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Services at Travelodge Derby Pride Park, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback gd427. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the parking charges at our Derby Pride Park hotel. The car park at this hotel is operated by APCOA and costs £3.00 for 24 hours. Our customers may pre pay for parking by using the link on their confirmation email or via our website, or alternatively payment can also be made upon arrival.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

what a lovely place to stay. the staff are warm welcoming on go above and beond to help. i would deffinately stay there again and will be telling all my friends what a fab place it is. the rooms are clean comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends