Stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting the area with my partner. The location is pretty good if visiting Derby and only 30mins drive from The Peak District with plenty to see and do in the local area.
This hotel has FREE onsite parking which is a huge plus. From the outside this hotel reminds me of an old style boarding school with dull brickwork frontage and small single glazed windows. The front lawn on the other hand looks good and inviting.
The main reception desk is not where you'd expect to find it (I.E in the entrance) but can be found in a nearby corridor area. Check-in was quick and simple. The corridors feel very cold, empty and quiet as we hardly ever seen anybody else walking around during our stay.
Our room was rather small and out dated with a walk in bathroom and wet room. Our room was only big enough for one bed side cabinet, a standard double bed, a rather pointless wardrobe and a small table and chair. I did read that all the rooms had been recently refurbished but I'd be interested to know how recently as the room did look outdated. The bathroom was a good size and the wet room area had a decent shower but for some reason they only provided one set of towels for a double room. Luckily the receptionist happily supplied us with extra's on request.
The breakfast was basic but what do you expect when breakfast is included? Also the sunken lounge area was nice.
Overall this budget hotel provided us with everything that we required for a low price so can't really complain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from Derby's city centre, this grade II listed Art Deco building offers comfortable rooms and hearty full English breakfasts. It has a bar, free parking and free Wi-Fi. All of the refurbished rooms at the Derby Conference Centre feature a private en suite shower room, Freeview TV, and tea/coffee-making facilities. The venue has been awarded the AA's 4-star Guest Accommodation standard. There are 8 conference rooms at the Art Deco-themed conference centre, all suitable for business or hospitality events. The conference centre is easy to access with Derby Train Station only 5 minutes' drive away and East Midlands Airport a 15-minute drive away. The M1 motorway can be reached in 10 minutes by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Derby Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Derby Conference Centre Hotel Derby
- The Derby Conference Centre Derbyshire