“Lack of communication”

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lack of communication”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel but unfortunately they really let themselves down when it comes to communication.

I tried to book my wedding here but after sending several emails that I never received a response, we decided that our money would be better spent somewhere that actually wanted to do business with us.

If I was the owner of this hotel I would suggest that instead of using the likes of groupon to make a quick buck, get a decent communications team for your hotel along with a dedicated events team.

I will not use this hotel again due to sheer frustration!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel with a real sense of grandeur.
Lovely breakfast in a beautiful room and great bedroom. The service was excellent. I will definitely be back. Its in a fabulous buzzy area of Derby

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Elise4000
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I attended a dinner at the hotel. There were around 100 guests and we were treated to an excellent meal with fabulous service. The commentary on each course and the wines added a little extra. I had also booked in, the room rate, £79 was super value for a quality boutique hotel. The breakfast was excellent and the service friendly and personable. I will be booking in every time I need to stay in Derby and considering this hotel for an event oft own.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tony L
Studley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My first stay at this hotel and will definitely go back. Staff are lovely, room was amazing (room 22), well worth paying little bit extra for a suite, great price for 2 adults & 2 children. Breakfast was also included in the price and was also excellent. No negatives at all, hopefully will be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne616
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

came here on Sunday 23rd Feb for afternoon tea. There were 6 of us all together we had a great selection of sandwich fingers and cakes plus an extensive tea menu (you can have coffee if you wish). The staff were very good and the service was great.
All in all it was a great afternoon with great friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank chefie1701a
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked this when me parents came up to Derby to visit me for a weekend. The entrance is stunning and I was struck by how attentive and kind the staff were to my mum and dad. Both parents informed me that their room was clean and extremely comfortable and that breakfast was fantastic both mornings. The bar staff really bent over backwards to accommodate no alcohol beer for my dad and on the Sunday afternoon, whilst waiting for the taxi to take them to the station we were brought coffee by a waiter. A lovely touch, and i'll be using word of mouth about this lovely place! Might even book in for afternoon tea or a spa treatment myself!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank J D
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We booked an afternoon tea for eight for my son's Graduation. Although the Hotel does not have its own car park we were able to park outside on the street easily. Straight away we marvelled at the beauty of this Hotel and wished we had booked rooms to stay. The Grand Staircase with light flooding in from the stained glass windows made the perfect backdrop for our photos. The afternoon tea itself is definitely a cut above others we have enjoyed, with a real focus on the 'tea'. You are given vials of teas to sniff and choose from including the usual black teas and white teas, with interesting blends such as chocolate. Their Lapsang Souchong has a smokiness that supersceeds any tasted before (i.e. brands available in supermarkets) and every member of the party can choose their favourite. The sandwiches and cake were so plentiful they could not be finished even though they were scrumptious. The staff were helpful and the whole experience made Graduation Day special for us. The special offer we used made the meal excellent value.

Room Tip: You can see Derby Cathedral from the Hotel and its a great base for Graduation Guests as you can eas...