I will write this review in the style of Channel Four's Four in a Bed. All categories marked out of ten.
How did we rate our hosts at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Reception staff pleasant but not informative as they did not explain check out times, location of the restaurant and the time for breakfast. One of the staff waiting on at breakfast was miserable. Score seven out of ten.
How clean was the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Generally quite clean however, there was some dust on the lamps and one of the cups was dirty. Score eight out of ten.
How were the facilities at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Amazing building. Reception area lovely. Our room (number one) was small in size but acceptable. We were initially really pleased with the room.The bed and furnishings were modern and comfortable. There were dressing gowns and a safe. Unfortunately the room was let down by the lighting as there is none anywhere near the dressing table and mirror. The room was very hot and the air conditioning blew hot air even if the temperature was at its lowest setting. The radiator in the bathroom is controlled by a switch outside the bathroom which looks like one of the light switches and being unaware of this we actually added to the heat by having the radiator on. We did manage to reduce the room temperature by tying the net curtains up and leaving the windows open all night however this was not ideal as we were on the ground floor. Score seven out of ten.
How did we sleep at Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Like a log. The bed was very comfortable and the solid construction of the building meant no noise was heard from other rooms. Score Ten out of ten.
How did we rate the food at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Dinner was a flat iron steak, very tasty. The water we were given with the meal had obviously been standing for some time and tasted tainted. We requested a jug of fresh water but when our glasses were low a waiter came and topped the glasses up with the tainted water. We both had the full English breakfast. The sausage test was passed, good quality but the bacon was hard and both poached eggs were 'snotty'. Service was slow. Score six out of ten.
Location of the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - Just outside the centre of town, a short stroll from the shops and bars, Score ten out of ten.
Value for money at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel - We paid £69 for two people, bed, breakfast meal and a cocktail. This represented fantastic value, a steal.
Would we come here again? YES. All of our criticisms were minor issues which I'm sure can be dealt with by the hotel management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cathedral Quarter Hotel is a unique hotel that blends the old character of this circa 1900's building with the elegant edge of a contemporary luxury hotel as expected by today's discerning traveller. This Grade II listed hotel is home to 38 luxury bedrooms with state of the art technology along with Clink Beauty Rooms, conference rooms, Bar 16 cocktail bar, private dining leading from the 80 cover restaurant in the grandeur of a ballroom and not forgetting the exclusive Chef's Table experience - the first of its kind in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cathedral Quarter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Quarter Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Cathedral Quarter
- Cathedral Quarter Hotel Derby, Derbyshire