I stayed for two nights while on a business trip. Parking was straightforward with a good-sized and free carpark (although it appears that barriers are being fitted so perhaps this is going to change). As others have said the reception desk is also the bar, which is unusual, however check-in was fine and quick with friendly staff. Breakfast was pretty good, with a wide selection of hot and cold items in a self-service buffet.
The room was basic - similar in style to budget hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge - but perfectly acceptable and I found the bed comfortable. Only real complaints were that there was no hand soap in the bathroom, which was irritating. There were other toiletries - shower gel, shampoo, etc, but no hand soap. Also, the (huge!) TV had a really irritating remote control that only seemed to work intermittantly.
All in all a perfectly acceptable stay with just a couple of minor housekeeping issues. I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a perfect position in Pride Park, pentahotel Derby is a gateway to Derby’s business district and all the city’s attractions. Step inside and experience a hotel that’s proud to be different. Our pentalounge - part hotel reception, part cool club – is the heart of penta: a friendly chill-out zone, designed by Italian architectural maestro Mattheo Thun. Your only problem will be wanting to extend your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your pentahotel Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Derby Hotel Derby
- Pentahotel Derby Derbyshire