“A lovely B&B”

Ranked #9 of 25 Derby B&B and Inns
Bruton
“A lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've just stayed for a second time at the Coach House. I think it's an excellent place to stay - far nicer than the bland hotel chain option and much better value. A characterful house, homely and friendly with immaculately presented rooms and breakfasts with good, fresh ingredients cooked to order. I would certainly recommend it and will be back myself next time I'm in Derby.

Room Tip: The double room is especially nice with lovely spacious bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank saundsmall
Zoe M, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so happy that people choose to return to The Coach House as many of our regular guests do, Carol and I go to great lengths to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and a response like yours makes it all the more worthwhile,

Zoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Excellent service. Right from the start I received prompt & helpful e-mail responses to my inquiries.
There was no problem booking for three single guests. Our rooms were excellent- fresh & clean. The beds were comfortable. The lounge was pleasant to sit in in the evening. Breakfast was delicious - cooked individually to our tastes. Overall I think the service was excellent and good value for money.
Also the pub down the road did super food (for a chain) so no worries about having to drive out again to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fionaden
Zoe M, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Many thanks Fiona for the great review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your reunion and hope to see you again soon

Zoe and Carol
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Very good BB. I loved my stay. Carol and Zoe, thak you for your hospitality. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Depends on requirements. My single room was just what the doctor ordered!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Naboth M
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We really enjoyed our short stay in the Coach House. Clean, comfortable room with a really good bed. Our 11 year old son could stay in our room on a extra bed. Nice bathroom that had everything we needed. We had a good night followed by a superb breakfast. Too bad we could only stay one night before driving back to Belgium!

Fam. Turnbull, Antwerp

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Stefanie1966
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Rather a mixed response as I do feel that, with the right kind of changes and attention to detail, this would be so much better. We arrived at the end of an incredibly long walk. I was overjoyed when I saw we had a bath. Ran the water and it was stone cold. I had to phone the owner (they live at the back in a seperate building) and explain. She came across immediately and apologised, saying the heating had been on since 6pm! I was astonished that, considering that it takes so long to warm that this was left so late. We were told to wait and it would soon be hot ... my husband had to boil a kettle to have a shave at 7.15pm and I had to have a cold shower (not good after walking in the rain). I was rather disappointed that she didn't ask about this at breakfast the next morning - maybe that was our fault for not mentioning it. The bathroom to the double bedroom also has a door with glass in it that leads out onto the main landing - despite it being covered in a white thin curtain, it was still rather odd. My aunt stayed in the twin-bedded room and had to choose between having her bed light OR the kettle on as the electrics were not working properly. We did mention this. One dislike that was personal to us was all residents eating around the same table at breakfast (sits about 8) which we really did not like. We consider ourselves very sociable people but we felt we should have the choice and not feel like we need to whisper our own private conversation, for fear of being heard. This, and the lack of hot water, would stop us going back I am afraid. Plus points were that the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast fine. It is also a few doors away from a good bistro. Like I say, fine but could be so much better.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank debandsifarr
zcherrybaby, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Thank you for your feed back, we are sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standard, I have taken on board your comments and hope to make improvments where necessary.

Zoe Marello
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Have been to The Coach House several times and you always recieve a warm and friendly welcome. The breakfasts are superb and the rooms very comfortable and clean with lovely facilities. Definitely reccomend staying here - Rachel Flower

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Rachflower
Statesboro, GA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

During each of the three times I have visited Derby, I've stayed at The Coach House, located in the Darley Abbey area about ten minutes from the city center. Having resided variously in both their single and en-suite rooms, I have found each to be very comfortable and well-appointed. The owner and her daughter are courteous, efficient, and genuinely dedicated to the well-being of their guests.

I always look forward to the breakfasts, which are cooked to order and feature an excellent selection of hot foods and cereals. The property features a large living room/sitting room, and they have recently added wi-fi internet capability. Since I don't drive in the UK, I appreciate the fact that the bus stop is so convenient (across the street) and that the Broadway Pub (my habitual supper location) is about 3-4 minutes' walk.

With four guest bedrooms, I consider The Coach House to be a quiet jewel among Derbyshire guest accommodations. I happily recommend it and look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank mbraz
Zoe M, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for once again posting such a lovely review, always a pleasure to see people returning to stay with us, hope to see you again soon. Zoe & Carol