“Great value for money”
Review of Jurys Inn Derby

Jurys Inn Derby
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed overnight on a Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised at how good this place was for the price. At least £15 cheaper than most premier inns and a fair bit better. We had a room on the 8th floor which was cosy with a great view and a spacious bathroom. The shower was good and the everything we needed was in the room including extra pillows and even an iron and board if you needed one. The main thing letting this place down is the parking by far. We parked at the park safe car park nearby which was secure and excellent. We received a discount by showing our receipt to the on-site attendant. It was a lively evening in Derby but our room was nice and quiet with no problems. This was my first stay at a Jurys Inn and I would definately stay here again in future.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Derby. Oh dear. What to say? Best not to say too much as I was only there for an overnight conference stay and saw only a small part of the city.

But in that short time and space it seemed and felt .... depressing. No other word fits.

However, you're probably much more interested in what I think of Jurys Inn Derby than the city itself. It's an excellent hotel offering a first class service, spotlessly clean accommodation, and great value for money.

The reception staff deserve special mention. They were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and efficient.

With an amazing overnight rate of £60 I didn't expect much in terms of breakfast. How wrong I was. It was far superior to many I've had at 5-star hotels. Everything was freshly cooked, consistently replenished, and simply delicious.

If you need to stay in Derby I can't recommend Jurys highly enough. As for Derby itself? Its best is yet to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Smallish room, but good double glazing so no traffic noise. Mattress was a bit on the hard size and pillows and duvet were synthetic. Sign on the bed said softer pillows were in the wardrobe, but they were the same as those on the bed. Bathroom also pretty small, but clean.

Breakfast is self service and on the basic side, cheap sliced bread, tinned mandarin oranges etc. Coffee from a machine and orange juice which was certainly not freshly squeezed.

However, it's adequate for a one night stay.

One final point. I was at the desk checking out when another guest pushed in front of me to demand that the clerk find out what had happened to his taxi (which was actually outside the hotel). I would have liked the clerk to have said "I'm serving this lady, so please could you step aside?". But she didn't which was rather disappointing.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Me, my girlfriend and friends stayed at this property on the Saturday 09 March 2013 for one night.

On arrival, we parked near the hotel at the Chapel Street carpark. As we walked into reception area, the reception staff were extremely helpful and allocated us 3 rooms together.

Room: The rooms was very nice for this standard of accommodation. The beds and pillows were really comfy. We had a flat screen tv, Kettle (with tea and coffee), One thing i will say is that the bathroom is small but very smart.

Bar: The bar and restaurant are on the ground floor. This is an impressive area of the hotel. You can tell a lot of money has been spent on the decor.

I would stay in this hotel again. Its ideal for all the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Been a couple of time to the jury's for business....good spacious room, comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities, nice flat tv...really good choice...would benefit a bigger car park but, one is just next door if hotel 's full.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We spent one night at the Jury's Inn. The hotel was in a perfect location and spotlessly clean. The views across Derby were magnificent and the bedroom as you would expect, although we couldn't find the soft pillows that were so supposed to be available.

However, the bathroom was designed for disabled individuals, which we are not and it therefore caused us significant difficulty. The sink was so low that my (over 6' tall) husband was bent double to reach it. The sink did not have a facility to hold water so the water had to be run constantly (this was strange as there were other energy saving efficiencies obvious). My husband still wet shaves so having a shave proved virtually impossible. Additionally, to get hot water the tap had to be turned fully round, which also gave full pressure, squirting water all up the walls and on the toilet seat.
Contrastingly, the toilet was so high that I was unable to put my feet flat on the floor when sitting on it! (I am 5'3")

I am so glad that we were only staying one night otherwise it would have caused us major problems. I did wonder if because we had the booking through Laterooms it is what we should have expected?

I would stay again simply because of location ... but only if I was staying for one night, any longer and I'd look elsewhere

Room Tip: Check out the type of bathroom before booking!