“Great”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Derby
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had another real enjoyable stay!!! A very well located Hotel conveniently located to the city centre.
Nice staff. The room was airy and maintained to a high standard. Looking forward to another business trip to this city as I shall definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great value for money!

We chose the hotel because we were going to Alton Towers and we definitely made the right choice.
I think we were lucky to get a parking space under the hotel and although there are not many spaces available, I was surprised to find it was reasonably priced.
The receptionists were very efficient and friendly and check-in was seamless. The bedrooms and the hotel in general were also spotlessly clean and the kids enjoyed filling their water bottles at the water station along the corridor - more than once!
The location of the hotel was perfect for us to walk into the centre of Derby to have dinner. Breakfast was a buffet style and the hot food looked really fresh with plenty of choice. Again the staff at breakfast were friendly and extremely efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

All in all we had a perfect stay and although it was forecast rain, it held off when we were at Alton Towers. Fab!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Once on my birthday last year just for the night and then for two nights on the 28th May for my boyfriend's birthday. The hotel itself is lovely, and so are the staff. Like most reviews are stating, the one bad thing about the hotel is the parking and actually finding the place! (Although I think the sat nav was to blame). We got one of the spaces in the hotel car park as we got there for around 12pm! (If it was any later, I think we would have struggled)

We didn't drink in the hotel as prices looked a little expensive from the menu in our room, so I can't comment on that service! (We went into town which is a 5 min walk away and drank/ate there)

However, we did have the breakfast which was absolutely beautiful! Nothing to fault, staff were pleasant and the choice for breakfast was brill.

I paid £172 for the 2 night stay with breakfast on both mornings, plus £12 parking. It does sound a little expensive but it was worth it :)

We will be back :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise J, Manager at Jurys Inn Derby, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Jessy H

Thank you for your feedback, very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much the last time, that you returned to us again. I will ensure your comments are passed on throughout the team and I am glad we looked after yourself and your boyfriend.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Louise Johnstone
Food and Beverage Manager
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Helpful friendly staff. 2 nights £105, Unfortunately on arriving at our room we found the previous occupant still in there! (3pm) but we were quickly moved to another room. The batteries in tv remote were flat, but we didn't watch much tv. Breakfast was good but expensive (£8.50 or £10).

The bar was handy at the lobby, but we went out into Derby to check out the pubs and restaurants. Nightlife seems quiet in the centre (5 min walk) until around 10:30 when the 18 to 30 age group arrive and liven the area up.

Overall a nice hotel, well situated, and room price is good (just hotel bar and breakfast too expensive)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived in glorious sunshine and found a place to park under the hotel [ one of the lucky few!] The hotel was superb, check in took a while issues with computers [as is the norm I see] seventh floor with a magnificent view of the cathedral. Bar was ok priced but £2 for a bag of salted cashew nuts..I did point out that I would want them fed to me for that price! On the second evening I purchased a bag of nuts from the nearby Tesco. Room was spacious and clean with an awesome shower. 2 nights stay in a city centre for £99 including parking charge. Perfect

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Arriving at Jury's Inn on Friday night in somewhat of a rush, I drove up to the car park to see that it was full and there was no room! The car park was not very large, certainly not sufficient for a hotel of this size. There were no signs advising of alternate parking so I proceeded to drive around Derby for 15 minutes looking for somewhere suitable to park. Eventually I came across a car park not too far from the hotel.

A 5 minute walk to the hotel, now even more in a rush.

Having now arrived at reception, all was going well until the receptionist said 'oh' and then proceeded to tell me that the computer had crashed. I went an sat down and waited some 25 minutes. I was now not in a rush, I was late

After waiting 25 minutes, the receptionist came over, handed me the card and told me I was on the second floor. No usual advice on how to get to the room, time of check out etc, just 'you're on the second floor'.

What a terrible start to our stay at the Jury's Inn.

There were however some very good aspects to this hotel. The rooms were spacious, stylish and clean.

The food in the restaurant was very nice, although the portions were a little small. Our waitress Adele was lovely, very attentive, very pleasant and did an excellent job of looking after us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheWandererHimself
Louise J, Manager at Jurys Inn Derby, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear The Wanderer Himself,

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the issues you faced when arriving at our hotel. On the day in question, the systems did go down, however this does not mean we should have slipped on our usual friendly and informative greeting for check in. Feedback has been given to the departmental manager and further training with be implemented with the team.

I am pleased to know that Adele looked after - it was in fact her first day with us - I have passed over your comments.

Please feel free to contact myself directly to discuss the matter further on
louise_johnstone@jurysinns.com

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the issues faced

Kind Regards

Louise Johnstone
Food and Beverage Manager
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here as a family and I would have no complaints about the hotel or the staff at all. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It was really good and very clean. Didnt eat there though. The menu was expensive. My problem was with the lack of parking and having to pay for it. On the saturday night we werent even guarenteed a spot and would have to pay in a public car park at 7 pounds a night. Taught it was cheeky expecting guests to pay for parking.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family