Jurys Inn Derby
US$111
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$89
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Derby West(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
1,969 results
All reviewscar parkchapel streetone way systemcity centrelimited parkingring roadmulti storeyexcellent hotelclean hotelwould stay againbusiness tripsaturday nightbuffet styledouble bedalton towersself servicereception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We made our booking at the last minute using hotels.com as we hadn't planned on staying the night in Derby but had to due to unforseen circumstances and a very tiring and emotional day. Once confirmation of the booking had been received I proceeded to call to hotel to check they had it. I spoke with the night manager who assured me that we would have a room waiting providing we got there promptly. We arrived about 10 minutes later and were greeted by a porter who didn't seem to know what day it was let alone how to manage our check in. When the night manager eventually made an appearance some 5 minutes later (us waiting at reception) he proceeded to tell me I hadn't made a booking for a delux room to sleep 3 but in fact a double room. This was complete nonsense as I showed him on my hotels.com confirmation. He then decided to shout at me which I didn't take to well as I myself have to deal with customers on a day to day basis and have never treated someone in this manner so was a little taken back. It was at this point that Laura Hollywood (the assistant manager) stepped in. She was very quick to resolve the situation while restoring our faith in the hotel and service. She was pleasant, calm and professional, everything she should have been and more as she was genuine and sincere while dealing with us. If it hadn't been for her I would never have considered making another booking with jury's inn but I can say I would do so now. Laura seemed to be a very well experienced manager with an excellent approach and I hope her bosses appreciate having her on board! Thank you again for everything Laura :)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mitensuk
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Pretty much a faultless hotel. The location is great, only a 5 minute walk to the high street. The staff were efficient and pleasant on both arrival and departure. The room was immaculate with great views. I really do not have a bad thing to say about it. If you want high end luxury this may not be for you, but if you want a very comfortable city break this will be right up your street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrspea
Louise J, Manager at Jurys Inn Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear MrsPea

Delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and all your needs were met. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future

Kind Regards

Louise Johnstone
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here to attend a wedding at a nearby venue which was far more expensive, Jurys was great value for money, staff friendly, hotel clean, tidy and modern, breakfast was great really like that you can help yourself to as much or as little as you like, would highly recommend :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank couttsfamilytravel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great price and therefore excellent value for money. Rooms are spacious and comfortable , although beds are a little soft for my liking. My only issue was the slight run in with reception about car parking space in the hotel car park. To note parking s limited however, their s a multi storey a couple of minutes away which seemed find.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed a night at Jury's Inn Derby on June 6th. It's a very nice hotel and very reasonably priced. It's very clean and modern and the people on the desk were very pleasant. I asked for a room for a disabled person and we had only just got into the room and someone on the desk rang the room and asked if it was o.k. for me. The rooms were lovely, very clean and comfortable. The staff in the restaurant were very nice and the food was very good, I would call it fine dining. We didn't go away hungry! We would be more than happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and I cannot walk too well, but I only had a small amount of walking to do from the lift to the room There isn't a lot of walking to get to the lift on the ground floor from the entrance door and the front desk. Ask them for a disabled room if you can't walk too far, they are very helpful..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple