“First class guesthouse in the centre of Derby”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derby
Chuckles Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 25 Derby B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland
“First class guesthouse in the centre of Derby”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed for two nights while on a course in Derby and I think I did far better than the others on my course who were at places such as Jury's or Cathedral Quarter. Glen & Nina were friendly, welcoming and helpful and I felt very much at home but also looked after. They've really thought about how a guesthouse should work and as a previous reviewer said, everything was clean & comfortable (especially the bed which had a decent mattress!) Breakfast was excellent, especially the homemade marmelade and stewed fruits. Ideal location too for getting around the city. I'd definitely recommend Chuckles and would go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for such a glowing report and are delighted you enjoyed your stay. With best wishes, Glenn and Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I spent 5 nights in Chuckles last October when I went to Derby for a conference and I was sorry I had to leave! Glenn & Nina are simply SUPER welcoming, I felt almost at home. As they know I wouldn't eat English breakfast (and I'm Italian) they bought a panettone for me!! I really appreciated it and the delicious breakfast with home made jam (slurp!), toast, fresh fruit and berries, and a good coffee.
What really astound me was how spotless were the shared facilities, toilets and showers. I guess they clean then almost every hour! Moreover, they are all new and very well-functioning, with soap, shampoo and hair conditioner as well. My room was a double room because all the singles were busy when I arrived so I was lucky ^.^ It will be probably a bit small for two people but absolutely bearable. My bed was very comfortable. They cleaned the room every morning and put clean towels every two days. Flawless!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Manuela P
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you to see you again when you are next in Derby. And the pictures look good too ... Glenn & Nina
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We did an overnight here with friends on our way to Willington Mercia Marina & would definitely stay again. Every thing was clean, comfortable & very well presented. Nina & Glen were attentive to our needs & very helpful with local information. The breakfast was superb & done to order. Location is good with the main centre of Derby in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: The twin room was quite a bit bigger than the double so if you need a bit more space the twin is a b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your review and hope the rest of your holiday was as enjoyable.
Derby
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I spent nearly a week in Chuckles when I first moved here and was waiting for my accomodation. It's an absolute gem, right in the centre of Derby.

The breakfast is of a very high quality, cereal, a cooked breakfast with nice bacon, decent eggs, plus toast with jams and marmalades made by owner's mum.

The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Tasteful yet eclectic decoration. An individual business with real customer service in a sea of anonymous chain hotels.

In short, this is probably the best B&B I've ever stayed in. If I ever have people coming to visit and there's no room for them to stop, I send them to Chuckles.

Room Tip: It's bang in the centre of Derby, so perfect for ale tourists. However, it is right in the middl...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris D
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for the positive comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

A lovely guest house situated right in the heart of Derby. A few minutes walk from the centre, very safe area and lovely staff. Very friendly and home-cooked breakfasts. Very clean room and large washing facilities. Very, very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Nina and Glenn
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nina and Glen run the most perfect guesthouse in the centre of Derby. No en-suites but super rooms, great showers and delicious breakfasts. My husband and I have stayed there twice before and this time we went with my sister. It was a hit with her too. A home away from home. Keep up the excellent work!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks again Jessica. Always a delight to see you.
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed at chuckles for a week back in April. It was a real find and excellent value. Comfortable beds and everything spotlessly clean. The breakfasts were outstanding with acombination of the hearty English and abundance of fruit The owners could not have been more helpful and welcoming in many ways given that I was new to derby. Thanks both of you

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathy R
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thanks Kathy, it's lovely of you to take the time to write a review and are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes Nina and Glenn