“Smart, courteous, refined”

Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the Midland Road in Derby, a street filled with restaurants and caf��s, The Viceroy Restaurant stands out as one of the most stylish dining destinations in the neighbourhood. Smart and upmarket, the dining room at The Viceroy is filled with modern furniture, plush carpets and colourful lighting, and the sophisticated atmosphere is suitable for dinner with family, clients or friends. The menu is extensive, but The Viceroy Restaurant���s specialty is Desi cooking ��� a traditional home-style of Indian cooking full of flavour and cooked over slow fires. Only a two minute walk from the Derby train station, this restaurant also has affordable prices as well as a fantastic selection of wine.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a place with style and self-respect! The ambience is quiet and refined, the tables a good distance apart and nicely situated, the decor tasteful. I found the service attentive but not over-friendly, and the food very good. I'd definitely go again if I were in the area. A good place to go as a solo diner: I was given a discreet corner, but not shoved away!

1  Thank shadbury_bonwell
TheViceroyUk, The Management at Viceroy Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for writing a review for the Viceroy Duffield.

We have left no stone unturned in our mission to create a fine dining experience that is second to none!

We do have a quite a few solo diners who work away from home in the week.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was really impressed with the service we recieved on Saturday night 12th July. We were there to celebrate my nephews 30th birthday. Your staff were very helpful and kind and help with our selection of meal and explained the different types of curries.

It was the first time I have visited and tried an Indian Restaurant. I will certainly be back to enjoy you restaurant again and I will not hestitate in recommending your restaurant to family and friends.

Please pass on my thanks to your staff and especially our waiter. We had a table for 6 booked under the name of Morrison at 20.15 and sat upstairs.

Yours sincerely,
Lindsay Whitehurst

1  Thank Lindsay W

Hi Lindsay,

It was a pleasure having you and thank you so much for leaving a wonderful and kind review.

I have passed your comments to your waiter and the wider team.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

The Management.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Another lovely evening spent in the Viceroy.
From the moment we arrived, until we left the staff were very attentive.
The food was cooked to a high standard, and they were able to cook a dish specially for one of our party, who cannot eat onions and garlic.
Thank you once again.

1  Thank Paulene B

Hi Paulene,

Thank you for the kind review. We love to go the extra mile, customers are "King" at the viceroy and thats the way we treat them.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Just getting round to writing a review for this fantastic restaurant after frequenting this restaurant for quite some time.Of all the times I have been I have never ever been disappointed with the level of detail the quality of the service and most of all the mouth watering food.Nothing is toonmuch trouble for the staff if there's something not on the menu no problem want it a little more or less spicy no problem.The decor and furnishing is as tastefull as the food is also discounts available for nhs etc situated close to derby train station and easy access to town centre with bars close by.Overall a must visit in derby if you love indian food

2  Thank topfuelracing

I have to say thank you so much for kind review, it has been passed on to our wider team and they were thrilled by your feedback and comments.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

the food was beautiful, the service very good and the choice comprehensive.

Worth £30 per head including beer.

1  Thank AndyJBall
Management response:Responded 11 August 2014

Thank you for leaving a review for the Viceroy Derby.

Let me start of by saying that is certainly not the norm. I have personally investigated this issue and it turns out a member of staff had some sad family news regarding a relative who had been rushed to hospital.

Whilst this is certainly no excuse it was a contributing factor.

Please accept our sincere apologies, we have countless review which are all very positive.

Hop to see you again.