“Utter Luxury”

Birchover Darley Abbey
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 25 January 2014

currently here for the weekend.

I stay in apartments around the UK often on business but this was a special occasion for my brothers birthday.

Receptionist, gave us a warm welcome and took us to the room and showed us how everything worked. The cleanliness was excellent and the look of the apartment was impressive. very well equipped kitchen.

I exchanged a few email's with Colin ( General Manager) very prompt responses and friendly.

Just a small issue was the heating in the room, however Elaine resolved our issue promptly and offered us a portable heater again nothing seems to much of trouble.

Very impressed with service, quality and the comfort of the bed is superb.

O and we got a bottle of Prosecco on arrival.

We are staying in the apartment again tonight and I just cant wait to get back to Birchover apartment

Room Tip: It seems all the rooms are of the highest standard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Shak644

I've commented in recent reviews that I've personally received some very rapid positive feedback from guests who have emailed or texted me when they've walked into the apartment. But you've usurped them by writing the review during your stay!!

Chloe was the lady on Reception - and Rachel and Magine responsible for the 'excellent' cleanliness. I'm really pleased that Elaine has been mentioned in relation to resolving the heating issue you had.

I hope that the special occasion with your brother went as you'd hoped and I am very happy that we were able to play a small part in you having such a great weekend. To know that you felt this way about our apartments when you are a seasoned apartment guest around the country is very pleasing.

We'd love to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to rebook.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here for my 72nd Birthday, the wife and I wanted a relaxing few days on our own after a hectic Xmas and new year. And we could not have chosen a better place than birchover apartments, we had a luxury 2 bedroom with SAUNA. and after an all day shopping expedition there's nothing better than to relax in the sauna, then slippers on and a bit of TV sport (well it was my birthday) The staff on arrival were very helpful by showing us how to operate all the gadgets etc. and the ladies who looked after the rooms were very good always with a smile and allow (you don't see much of that now a days) For those who don't like driving into town the bus stops are right outside the grounds and are every 15 mins.
Loved the place just wished we had booked for longer than 2 nights.
BUT WE WILL BE BACK.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. Sorry but clicked restaurant and swimming pool and they aren't...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Onsea

Wow! Another amazing review and this one feels just a little bit sweeter, knowing that you stayed with us to celebrate your 72nd birthday. Not only have you enthused about your own stay, but you've also given future guests information about how easy it is to get into the centre of Derby, so thank you for that.

Chloe was the lady on Reception who showed you to your apartment and Jean and Christine were the ladies who cleaned your apartment prior to arrival. It appears that you're also talking about Marion and Gemma as the ladies "always with a smile", who would have done the daily housekeeping in your apartment during your stay.

I'm glad that you got some time to enjoy the Sky Sports on the TV! We know that a lot of midweek business guests and weekend guests enjoy watching the sport and that was a key decision in adding it to the package overall. And the 'slippers on' comment will have immensely pleased Lisa, whose ultimate aim is that all guests truly feel it's a home from home, where you can kick off your shoes and snuggle into the big, comfy sofas! So thank you for that too.

I am delighted that you'd like to return and we are really looking forward to seeing you again. I shall do my best to personally come and thank you next time you are here.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed at the Birchover Apartments in January. Met by a friendly member of the team who showed us to our beautiful apartment. Everything was set up for us, heating, sauna etc there was nothing we had to change or alter. The apartments themselves are extremely clean, very well equipped, smelt lovely and fresh. The welcome pack was gratefully received and used. Used The Queens Head at Little Eaton for lunch, nice local pub minutes away and quiz night Thursday at the Markeaton, again, minutes away. A good base for the Peak District also. I sent a few emails to the team before and during the stay and they were always answered promptly. All in all a very enjoyable stay in excellent accomodation handled by a helpful and well coordinated team.

Dear Nottspaddy

With every review that comes in, I am feeling ever-more proud of our team here. To see that you were so happy with every single aspect of your stay is superb. Elaine was the lady on Reception who greeted you and Magine and Ann were the ladies who cleaned your apartment. We give the team free rein to select the fragrances that they put into the apartment, so they'll be pleased to read that you've said the apartment smelt lovely and fresh!

We do try and make the sauna experience as great as possible and the dials are always set for guests, with just the flick of a switch needed to turn it on.

It's great to read that you explored the local area and the two pubs you've mentioned are both favourites of us as a team.

I'm so glad that you had such a full and varied stay and that we met your expectations. If you ever decide to return, please do feel free to contact us directly.

Carl

Reviewed 13 January 2014

my husband and i stayed in one of the apartments for a weekend away it was absolutely brilliant so much space, clean, tidy,the kitchen was well equipped, the bed was lovely and comfy, and as for the sauna in the en-suite well that was wonderful after a long day of walking,the bottle of prosecco in the fridge on our arrival was a nice touch,so all in all we had everything to make our weekend so special it was like home from home looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear april d

What an amazing review - thank you so much!! The team and I are ecstatic that you had such a good time and that it seems that every aspect of your stay was so good.

Lisa and the team work really hard to ensure that the kitchen is well-equipped, so that you can really make it feel like (as you say) a "home from home". The beds all have Vi-Sprung mattresses (I can cry when I remember how much just our one at home cost!) along with the best-quality mattress protectors on top, so it's brilliant to hear that you feel the beds are comfy.

Gemma and Maria were the ladies who cleaned your apartment that day, so I'll let them know that you've commented positively on the cleanliness. I hope you found some good walks and we're always happy to recommend more, so if you do return, please feel free to ask for some recommended routes.

We really hope you return and thank you once again for such a fantastic review.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to these apartments for a break and were delighted with the interior of the apartment, there is everything you could ever need and the bed was big and very comfy. The sauna is a lovely luxurious extra - very relaxing. The apartment was spotless and felt cosy and comforting. We received a lovely welcome and the heating was on for us so as we walked in the warmth just hugged us which was lovely as it was freezing outside! The communication with the Manager via email was excellent service, replying to any queries very quickly.
For a lovely home cooked meal we would suggest the Queens Head in Little Eaton (close by) homely pub and great food(proper chips)
We would not hesitate to return to Birchover and highly recommend the apartments.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear debbie b

Last week, we celebrated being top of Trip Advisor in Derby for the whole of 2013 - and then you posted this review! It really was the icing on the cake. Thank you so much.

You also are competing with a recent reviewer for the fastest positive feedback, when you emailed me on arrival. I am so pleased that the rest of your stay continued to be so good. Chloe was the lady who gave you the 'lovely welcome' and Sharon B and Magine are to be credited with the 'spotless' apartment you stayed in.

Funnily enough, on the day you posted the review, Lisa and I had been to the Queen's Head in Little Eaton for lunch. We love it there and can concur on the 'proper chips'! I also know that on the night you were there, one of our housekeepers bumped into one of our long-term guests there. So it's clearly popular with our guests and staff alike... that's our enthusiastic joint promotion of their establishment over with!

When you choose to return to Birchover, please do feel free to contact me directly - it would be great to meet you and say thank you personally. Have a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked this with zoo travel it was fantastic value the appartment was lovely,very big and well furnished to a high standard. The staff we all very helpful with advice and recommendations with places to visit and restaurants. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Sharon B

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always pleasing to hear that guests feel the apartments are spacious and furnished to a high standard.

We had a couple of guests called Sharon B from your area in the past few weeks, so I can't accurately name the team members who will have been so helpful, but I'm sure the whole team will be happy to see your feedback.

We really hope that you do return and please feel free to contact us directly when you want to book in with us again.

Best wishes and thank you once again for your great review,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed in an apartment with my bridesmaid the night before my wedding and we both got ready there the next day. Then my new husband and I stayed in the bridal suite after the wedding. Both apartments were absolutely brilliant, so well equipped, luxurious, spacious and definitely nice enough to live in full-time. They were just perfect. My only disappointment is that I live too close to justify being able to stay in them again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Karen G

It's wonderful to hear from you and thank you so much for your amazing review. I am so pleased that we could play our little part in your special day and I hope that you are enjoying married life!

If you're looking for an excuse to come back, then perhaps your wedding anniversary might be reason enough to stay in a hotel in your home town! If you do decide to come back, please contact Carl or Chloe and we'll do our best to make it as special as we can.

Best wishes to you both for the future and please do pop in and see us sometime if you get an opportunity. Thank you once again,