“Not the place to go for a coffee”

Thorntons Derby Westfield
Ranked #23 of 34 Coffee & Tea in Derby
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Not the place to go for a coffee”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We ordered two coffees which come with a Thornton's chocolate. The chocolate was delicious but even though we persevered to try and drink the coffee we failed and we both ended up leaving over half a mug. It was tasteless and thin. We have had nice pots of tea before but when we fancy a coffee we shall be heading to Costa instead (there are three Costa's in/around Westfield :-)

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank JaWte

Derby, United Kingdom
“unsatisfactory experience. Won't use again ! ! !”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was a really unsatisfactory experience, shame that NONE of the staff could manage a smile, and a woman clearing the tables virtually insulted my wife when asked would she mind clearing the table we were going to use she replied " when I've got time " and walked away.
All I can say is nice chocolate SHAME ABOUT THE STAFF!
Ps, and do they know it's Christmas???

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Barry991
Derby, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Derby”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is by far the best coffee shop in Derby.
I need my coffee fix every day and having tried the rest I always return to Thornton's it's by far the best coffee served in Derby and a free chocolate with every cup!

• Visited October 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“chocolate Heaven”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Typical Thornton's, Gorgeous Chocolate, off the planet prices, what more is there to say???

It's a lovely clean shop as always, very popular, just a shame the price they charge for goods rendered are through the roof, should be cheaper, after all it's only chocolate at the end of the day...

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne, United Kingdom
“Chocolate Lovers Heaven”
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

This is the perfect place to take a well earned rest if you have been shopping in the Derby Westfield Centre and love chocolate.
The seating area is typical coffee shop style with a mixture of standard chairs and comfy armchairs. The main difference is with the goods served. As you would expect chocolate drinks here are exceptionally good but teas and coffees match the other coffee shops in my opinion, I loved the aroma of chocolate while I enjoyed my drink.
Service was very good and was both quick and polite.
Cost is not cheap but to be honest I considered it to be perfectly good value.
When leaving after your drink you pass the well stocked Thorntons chocolate shop which serves an excellent range of high quality chocolate goods. I treated myself to a small chocolate bar to round things off.
If you are shopping in Derby Westfield and fancy a break give it a try. It's well worth it.