“Great place to stay right in the City Centre”

Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a last minute and unplanned trip to Derby.

The welcome and reception was efficient and friendly. The room was huge for a hotel of this type, and very well appointed. Our view was distinctly uninspiring, of a central quad which could do with some plants or features to brighten it up a little. The benefit to this location however was that on a Saturday night we were not at all disturbed by noise from the street and had an excellent night's sleep in the comfy bed.

Breakfast was great...the staff were very friendly and accommodating and there was a broad range of produce available even half an hour before breakfast shut (which often isn't the case).

We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank llyurch
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments are much aprpeciated and will be shared with the team, who are always welcoming of feedback.

We do hope that if you have another unplanned trip to Derby in the future that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Based on the positive reviews and the hotel website, I had expected a much more upscaled and newer Holiday Inn.

While I had a prepaid reservation as a platinum member, I would get a decent room assignment. Instead I was given this interior room with the ugly view of the roof top. I immediately asked for a different room and was told the hotel was fully book, all 90 plus rooms. Funny we only saw about 10 people at breakfast and may be a handful of guests that we ran into in the main lobby.

The room itself was pretty nondescript, neither modern nor dated, just very odd decor. Bathtub in the bathroom seems like a thing of the past so it is very unusual. There is nothing worth writing about otherwise.

Would think twice about going back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhlchung
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, General Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for your recent review.

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us.

It is unfortunate that you did not like the decor of the hotel, however this would be personal preference. We are very proud of the hotel as a modern hotel in a city centre location, the newest hotel in Derby.

All of our rooms have showers and baths to cater for guests individual requirements.

We do hope that you would choose to stay with us again should you need accommodation in Derby. We can always request a room with a Riverside view for you; and we have other facilities including Stresa, a modern and contemporary restaurant and a bar area with extensive views of Derby.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay at Holiday Inn Dery Riverlights frequently and I found it is very convenient close to city center, shopping, Gym and restaurants. The customer services at Receptions and the Restuarant are excellent. Claire Moorey and Dave (Reception) are very helpful.

Room Tip: Look for the rooms with a good view of the city

Good Morning

Thank you very much for your great 5* review.

Your comments are much appreciated and are a great reflection of the dedication and commitment both Claire and Dave give to the hotel and our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on another occasion.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is very distinctive and easy to find. The car park the hotel uses is conveniently within a couple of minutes walking distance. Check in was efficient and I soon arrived in my room. The room had good facilities including a safe, fridge and professional desk and chair with internet access. It was all spotlessly clean. The only downside was the view from the window was onto the internal courtyard, but as my stay was only one night it didn't really bother me. (I would recommend you ask for a room with a view over the city) I ate dinner in the hotels Italian restaurant, and this was a decent meal, if a little overpriced. Breakfast had a fair selection, however hot offerings could have been warmer. Staff were friendly throughout the stay. Overall a good hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Parcelie
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Regular guest at Riverlights and a big fan. Hotel is clean and comfortable with all the facilities you want for a business stay (including pretty well equipped gym) but what really makes the difference are the staff- always friendly and helpful.

1  Thank LukeTrigger
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I travel a lot and spend a lot of my time in this hotel. The quality of services are constant and very good and the staff is just brilliant - especially Dave, the front of house any venue would wish to have - Very positive vibe and always helpful and unique brilliant personality!

I highly recommend this hotel if you're staying over in Derby. The rooms are very good in size, clean and very well equipped.

Oana

Room Tip: All rooms are standard and equally good.
1  Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have to stay away for business and the HI at Derby is great. I look forward to coming back each evening to a relaxing bath and very comfortable bed.

The front of house team (Dave, Claire and co) are incredibly accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. It's always service with a smile.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view or a town view
1  Thank Jo M