“Where's your bean”

and 1 more site!
Littleover Lodge Hotel
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Good value for the price. Room was spacious and very clean. Good location for exploring and plenty of parking. The breakfast was cooked really well, the only negative was the infant size portion of beans and mushrooms.

1  Thank Andy B

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Found this hotel on the internet so went for a low cost weekend away. We were so delighted we did! Staff here are absolutely fantastic, service and food in restaurant was up to 4 star standard and choice on the Menu was very varied. Drinks in the bar were very reasonable which is a pleasant change from many hotels. The breakfast was cooked to order and was excellent.The bedrooms are clean but basic towels were changed every day and bed was comfy. They have everything you need in them, just need to take a hairdryer. The location is really good just off the A38 and was only a hours drive to Chatsworth house, Bakewell and Matlock. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back again to stay ourselves.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just needed a one night 'stop over' to break a journey and pre-booked their suite.
Fantastic! Plenty of space to chill out and on-site facilities for eating and drinking.
Sunday is Carvery in one part (normally bistro), and lunch time 'Fine Dining' in the other. Because our dog was tired and we didn't want to leave him in the car (again) whilst we ate, we ordered 'room service'. Wow! High quality dishes, perfectly presented with at tentative waitress service. I chose to walk up to place our order, and bought drinks back to the room. Two real ales, Thatchers Gold and Stella as well as all the 'normal' beers and lagers. Wine on tap or bottles from the chiller - variety to suit all tastes.
We had a good nights sleep in the mezzanine bedroom. Great power shower in the morning preceded an excellent breakfast. I had the 'Full English' and my wife had two helpings of prunes; she foolishly decided to start her diet that day!
OK if you look closely, some things look a little tired. This is an obvious consequence of being such good value for money, and such a popular hotel.

1  Thank Geoff M
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was on my way home and thought I would stop off for some food. I had googled places with carvarys that were available at lunch time and The Littleover Lodge was recommended to me. I decided that I would come here for my lunch. It was quite busy for a wednesday lunch time. I decided to make myself comfortable in the bar area whilst watching the tv that was made accessible to all to watch. I was greeted by a smiley girl who worked behind the bar who made me feel at ease because I explained to her that I had never been before. I was then greeted by other members of staff who seemed to be the waitress who worked behind the carvery. I felt relaxed and happy. The girls who worked there always kept asking me if I was ok and if I needed anything. After a long drive, it was nice to talk to some people about what I had been up to during the week whilst I have been on holiday in the peak district. The girl behind the bar asked me if I had been to see Ashbourne, Chatsworth House, Matlock, Dovedale and Bakewell. I was pleasantly surprised that the girls seemed interested in me as they had a lot of other customers that they could talk to too. I proceeded to explain my trip and then I had remembered that I must have something to eat before I left. I went to the carvary and chose a selection of items. It was very warm and humid in the carvary area but I could not wait to eat the carvary. When the waitress came to clear my plate at the end, I think they could tell I had enjoyed it. The plate was practically licked clean as I thought it was delicious. I have no grumbles about The Littleover Lodge. I have been to some places where people don't seem dedicated to their work but the staff who were working at the time of my visit made my experience most pleasurable. I would tell my friends about this and to look out for the staff who work there. I would like to say thanks for everything and I hope that when I return in a couple of months time, The Littleover Lodge is still a success like it is now.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We chose this lodge to break our journey because it is just off the A38 and we will do the same again. There is plenty of parking and it is easy to find. It was a quiet spot despite the convenience. Nice change from the chain hotels.
The staff were welcoming and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. The bath plug was missing and the correct size could not be found but the staff tried and it was a minor inconvenience. We had deliberately booked a suite with bath and shower. The two level suite was spacious, clean and warm.
We enjoyed an inexpensive meal in the attached Bentley's restaurant where food standard and service was good. The vegetarian meal was not as tasty as we would have liked. Breakfast was cooked to order and there was a choice. Poached fish and vegetarian breakfast were both excellent.
There seems to be work going on to decorate and renovate so hopefully when we next stay it will be even better and there will be less builders debris out back. It is nice to know that the dog can come too should we book and there is an adjacent exercise field for her.

Room Tip: Suite is worth the small price increment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a good base for travelling through or half an hour from the Peak District National Park. The rooms are clean, but well used and the breakfast is superb. The staff are friendly, competent and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have known the building for many years, parties etc but never stayed. Very welcoming staff all with a smile. The room very comfortable, appears to be a lot going on in the modernisation of the whole complex with good results. Breakfast was beautifully cooked, hot and well presented. For what we paid for our stay was value for money. Next time we come, which we will, will visit the Restaurant Bentleys within the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita757
Also consider these accommodations in or near Derby
Aston Court Hotel
Boars Head Hotel
Boars Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Draycott in the Clay
The Farmhouse at Mackworth

Been to Littleover Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!