Took a coach party of 52 here for 5 nights. I can honestly say there was not one complaint about anything, which is a first in the ten years my wife and I have been organising these trips.
Chris and his team were extremely welcoming and helpful, supplying tea and coffee on arrival whilst the cases were being taken to the rooms. He also supplied a room and PA equipment for us and another coach party to hold evening quizzes and arranged for post dinner coffee and mints to be served at the quiz. Cases were picked up from the rooms for departure.
The choice and quality of the food was excellent compared to normal coach party standards. My pet hate is luke warm food on cold plates but these plates came with a safety warning from the waiters and the hot food was beautifully cooked and plentiful. The advertised Veggie Turnover was not available at breakfast and a couple of people said they were surprised to see no Black Pudding at breakfast although it did appear a starter one evening. The general choice at breakfast was very comprehensive with some dishes being cooked to order.
The hotel is situated on the edge of Mickleover a three minute walk to shops, banks and pubs. A couple of people at the back in the twin rooms said they could hear the traffic on the by-pass but it was not intrusive. My wife and I had a first floor room (129) overlooking reception and did not hear a thing except for the occasional door shutting heavily. My one other critical comment would be to be replace the bath mastic with the type that does not support black mould (Plumbers Gold et al) as our room was starting to look a bit jaded with a cupboard door having to be reattached using my Swiss Army although overall it was much better than some hotels we have stayed in. The shower was excellent. A safe would also be a useful addition and is now fairly standard equipment.
The swimming pool and gym was of a very good standard and used by several of our group. Bar prices were above that for a local pub but not excessive. Bottles of wine started at about £14.
Overall it was a great experience and we would happily book this again if we were in the area, either as individuals or for a group. Many thanks to the management and staff for a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court is fabulously located in Central England, only three miles from Derby city centre. The hotel has plenty of free parking onsite and 99 comfortable bedrooms including 15 family bedrooms. The hotel offers lots of great facilities including a brasserie, lounge, bar and free superfast WiFi throughout the hotel. A health and leisure club including a swimming pool, sauna, spa pool, whirlpool and steam-room. 11 meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates. Stylish wedding venue for up to 200 guests. Sky Sports and BT sports is available within the bar area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Menzies Mickleover Court Hotel Derby
- The Menzies Hotel Mickleover
- Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court Derbyshire