“Very enjoyable trip”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Derby
EYorkshire
“Very enjoyable trip”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We chose this hotel following a visit to Alton Towers. Alton towers is a 40 min drive and 25 miles away. Probably further away than we had anticipated but We are pleased to have stayed there all the same. Staff friendly and helpful. I asked for an iron and a staff member promtly brought one up for me with an ironing board and asked if he could put it up for me. Rooms large and comfortable, the bed was enormous and pillows comfortable despite what other reviews say. Food great. Very good value. Swimming pool and spa facilities very relaxing and a great way to spend sunday morning with a small child.
Would return again without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
David_Ideson, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review following your recent stay, it is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback from a guests stay at the hotel and I have passed your comments onto all the team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

David Ideson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
denbighshire
Reviewed 28 March 2010

this is our third stay at a menzies hotel,previously(baron's court and strathallan) both superb.The food is excellent, just about everything here is faultless.We can't wait for our next trip to a menzies hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review following your recent stay here at the Mickleover Court Hotel, it was a pleasure to read such positive feedback and I have passed your comments onto all the team concerned. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future, if however, I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jersey C.I.
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We attended a wedding reception at the hotel so stayed there for 3 nights, had a great deal on Booking.com, cheaper than hotel could offer, nice hotel with good facilities, wedding went well, But the restaurant leaves a lot for improovment, food only comes warm they dont do hot, over priced, would not be good enough for a 3 star, young staff not trained to handle a full house, breakfast was poor, on running out of cearel the manager said he would get more after the rush was over, coffee and tea were always cool, bar snack took 45mins to apear, but staff were friendly an helpful else where, good value as we had a great package, I would not be happy if I was paying full amount.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review following your recent stay. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended however I was also disappointed to read your feedback regarding the quality of the food and service in the restaurant. I can assure you that your comments are taken most seriously and I have discussed them with both the team and our recently appointed Restaurant Manager to ensure that we can improve for the future.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at sometime in the future.

Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2010

booked with superbreak 2 nights(£99)with 1 night 3 course eve meal.excellent b&b.good location for uttoxeter races.geniune 4 star treatment & food.good leisure center.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.

wales
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I booked this hotel for a 2 night weekend stay as I had got my other half a track day about 30 miles away on the saturday. Had a fab deal on laterooms £99 for 2 nights B&B with a 3 course dinner on the first night also. We got up graded to a superior room as it was our anniversary this was spacious and also the top floor so had sky light windows was very nice although no view atall!
The 3 course meal was nice but I would not have been happy atall if I had been paying the prices on the menu for the food they were serving. I had the lamb but there was not much meat to this atall and also the steak was not too special either for a value of about £20!! The sweets however were nice I had the panacotta which I could not fault and my partner had the waffle with chocolate sauce which was by all means very simple for a 4 star!!
The spa was lovely, very clean, pool got busy which meant only 2 or 3 people max could swim properly at a time as it is a small pool. The jacuzzi, sauna and steam room couldnt be faulted...good service at the entrance to the gym etc also.
The only real fault I really found was the fact that on arrival we opened the account on the room so we could book drinks etc down to the room the receptionist took £100 which was meant to be a pre authorisation to make sure that the funds are there and then on check out what you don't spend gets refunded to your card like most places.....however this was not the case on check out the receptinoist charged the amount on the bill to my card AGAIN and she claimed that there was no reinburstment to be made. Today I tried to purchase a holiday but was failed to do so as the £100 had never been reinburst, my bank and the hotel tried telling me there was nothing they could do....eventually the hotel think they have found a way but I do not know this for sure as the refund can take upto 5 days to hit my account........It was a lovely weekend just a shame they couldnt have hot the button on checkout to release my money....to save a lot of stress and wasted time.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review following your recent stay. I was however very disappointed to read your feedback, as we certainly do not wish to disappoint or frustrate any of our guests in the way that we did yourselves. I can assure you that we have taken your comments on board and have reviewed and changed the system used to pre-authorise guests cards and this should prevent a situation such as this happening again in the future. On a more positive note thank your for your kind comments regarding the other elements of your stay and I hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.

Eastcote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2010

stayed there for a weekend with their weekend break package (1st night dinner included)
Modern hotel staff a bit young and inexperienced. Room was excellent with modern bathroom. Dinner on first night was in main restaurant and apart from the microwaved vegatables was of a good standard. Second night (saturday) the main restaurant was closed and we were sent to a souless empty italian room as the main restaurant was being used for a wedding (This happens almost every saturday). In the bar afterwards we felt like uninvited guests to the wedding. We stayed the Sunday but went to the Nags Head pub (as recommended). Food and atmosphere was great. If you're going for a weekend I recommend you go here on the second night. Great location for peak district. Great value for the price but don't expect 5 star service.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Bath, Somerset, UK
Reviewed 27 January 2010

This is a good 4 star business hotel during the week which makes it an excellent hotel for the weekend as it has loads of impressive facilities (great pool and jacuzzi), good restaurant and ample parking. Staff are professional and friendly too. Spotlessly clean, as you'd expect.

Always offer good deals and watch out for their extra value and sensational promotional weekend packages.

So ideal and affordbale for weekend breaks to the Peak District, Alton Towers, Royal Crown Derby/Denby or to Pride Park! Will stay here on business too when next I have to come to this region.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple