“Absolute Bloody Riff Raff!!!!”
Review of Bank Bar - CLOSED

Bank Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2014

OMG.... I Went here to have a steak with my partner, after hearing an advert on the radio, regarding their amazing steaks. We walked in dressed in smart casual attire and were greeted by a group of gorping thugs, dressed in tracksuits, hoodies and hats...the clientele was like the cast of the Jeremy Kyle show....I'm really not joking...it frit the life out of me.
We proceeded to the bar and took a closer look around, the place was filthy, some customers were strewn over the bench seats with their feet up and know one else was eating....I the staff seemed polite enough, but rather scruffy and unclean looking...I dread to think what the chef looked like. We had a quick drink, whilst the locals continued to gaze over at us, as if confused as to why we were there. After our quick exit we went to the Denby Lodge and had an amazing steak, with lovely surroundings and atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I went to the Bank Bar with my family on a groupon for Christmas dinner.
We know this place so we know it's a "sports bar'" with t.v s on to cover the football.
The meal was good, hot and enjoyable.
While we were there we saw their steaks which looked fabulous.
So after shopping the next day we went in there for two of their large steaks, and we weren't disappointed they were great. The steak was tender, the curly fries crisp, the onion rings light and tasty.
Then we went back after that for another Christmas 'groupon' offer and still very nice wasn't up to the standard of the one we'd had before.
Another week went passed and my husband fancied another steak..... So yes you have it went back again,
This time my husband steak was good, but mine I could only eat one third of it, NOT the chef fault just bad piece.
BUT why is it when you don't make a fuss.......just told them when the waitress came to collect our plates. My husband had finished and I was still trying to get some meat off my steak, well you should have said????
Yea but that would have meant my husband and I weren't eating at the same time.
She could plainly see how much steak was left on my plate.

Do you know... WHATS customer service .... Just a little thought..
Would you like a free coffee on the house or I'll take so much of the meal as that's happened.

But no we did order coffee after that but got charged.
It was such a disappointment after all the same people served us so knew we weren't just one timers.

There is good a bad in the Bank Bar, if you treat the staff well, you to will be treated the same.
Should be like that anyway. Ah.
The place is a Sports Bar so don't go if you don't like footie.
And yes the toilets sometimes need attention the ladies one night. The tap couldn't be turn off and the water was just running down the sink, no one seemed bothered.

So feel very ' mixed' with our views.
Has outside seating, watching the traffic and full of smokers.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Just walked in expecting a nice steakhouse house after hearing a radio advert ,turns out to be like a rowdy job centre,can't hear your self think and full of scruffy people and fruit machines ,may aswell be a weather spoons

2  Thank Steak12345
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Went here on Saturday night for my Dads birthday. They have closed the restaurant side which is a big mistake. The place was filthy and the toilets were an absolute disgrace. My husband said he couldn't use the mens urinal as it was full with urine and would have overflowed. Even the ladies smelt strongly of urine. The food itself was ok although it took them an hour from ordering to bring the starters. They then cooked the wrong main meal for me so I had to wait 15 minutes after everybody else to get my main meal. They did take it off the bill thankfully. To really ruin the night it became more like a nightclub when they started the disco lights and loud music at 9.30pm. It was impossible to hear each other talk at this point so we quickly paid up and left. We like nice, clean dining experiences and will therefore not be returning to this dump!!!

2  Thank Nursie11
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Me and my family came here for my fathers birthday. The service was great, very polite and had good knowledge of the menu. Our food was lovely. . Especially the homemade chunky chips! My father had the mighty mixed grull and loved it. There is a park for kids and the staff bought out the birthday cake for us. Lovely place, lovely staff and lovely food. Would definately reccomend.