“Super Brunch”

Ranked #89 of 657 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Creative. Award Winning. Fresh. Friendly. Local. Freshly Baked. Wifi. Cakes. Coffee. Tea. Breakfast. Lunch. Brunch. Opened in 2010 this is a large airy space where you can relax, reflect and rejuvenate. Tucked away at the back of Friar Gate Studios with a 'where on earth is it' style illusiveness, we are here to serve those in the know. The coffee is great and the service is smiley! Our ideal is to create a real feeling of community spirit, a focal point for Derby business folk and local creative's, a place to feel relaxed and a place you'll want to come back to whatever the time of day. We are open for breakfast, lunch and brunch to knock your socks off.
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Delighted this place in now open at the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed my brunch - visited with friends and their young son. All good. Have since been back for lunch and enjoyed that too.

1  Thank JB_302

Reviewed 31 October 2014

Discovered this place on a really wet Monday when I was on my bike, took shelter and had coffee. Reception, even though I was muddy and dripping water was friendly and excellent, so went again with wife and 2 friends for lunch, Excellent service with a smile, good food at reasonable price. Made to feel welcome whether in a suit or covered in mud.
Would have liked to have seen a panini on the menu.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

People who love their coffee must visit this little place. Nice chilled out environment, good service - always happy to serve, thanks sarah!

Sarah P, Owner at Bean Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Did someone say good coffee!??? We like to think we deliver it! Our beans come from a triple certified source, which is important to us and since opening we have never changed our coffee supplier. They really do deliver to us both ethically as well as on big rounded beautifully bold taste level! Thanks for your review and do keep coming back for your next 'caffeine fix'. We really appreciate people who love our coffee!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Maybe today wasn't my day, maybe today wasn't their day. The fact it's that I've travelled specifically to Derby for one hour to go to this hype cafe. Ok, the coffee was good, yes, but the rest... I didn't find that service with a smile I've read in the other reviews. And what I didn't find at all was a fresh cake. The redcurrant sponge was so dry that I couldn't finish it. To be honest, they offered me to choose an alternative, but the only other cake available was an orange one, which my partner already had ordered, and it wasn't either what we expected. Kind of gummy. They gave my money back. I know that they did what they had to do, but in the end I felt sad, angry and disappointed, because I wanted to have a nice experience, a nice beginning of the day. If only money could fix it...

Sarah P, Owner at Bean Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hello! We can only apologise again for, instead of making your day just upsetting it. Please do not let it deter you from trying us again sometime if you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place is great. While recently working close by I regularly visited the cafe and along with the superb breakfasts, their daily specials never dissapointed and often led me to try new and exciting dishes that I would never have thought of. Sara and the girls always go about with a smile on their faces and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly. I hope to be working in Derby again soon!

Sarah P, Owner at Bean Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for visiting our cafe in Derby and thank you for leaving us a review. Its always so lovely for all of us to know that what we are doing is appreciated by our customers. Thinking of 'specials' each day can be taxing, but we use local & seasonal ingredients to inspire us! Any suggestions are always welcome. Lets hope we see you again soon when you are back working in Derby.