“Not good food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Derby, england
“Not good food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Burger and hot dog type place. Really disappointing food, dry and overcooked. Milkshake nice. Staff friendly and polite

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Two words: Food Coma.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My parents had been to this place for a Corvette Club meeting and they actually recommended it, so for my boyfriends birthday, I decided to treat him to a meal somewhere where we'd never been - somewhere casual where we wouldn't need to book. After looking online, I saw that if I signed up to the OK Diner Club, I received 15% off (and every time I visit!), plus a birthday shake on your birthday. Printed these off, and off we went. The place is easy to find - we went on a Wednesday at about 4pmish. The server was lovely and every Wednesday there is a burger deal on - I wanted a burger, but as with any place, two offers cannot be used in conjunction with each other so if I wanted the 6oz burger, I wouldn't be allowed the 15% discount. This was absolutely fine - I took one for the team and went for the 10oz so I could get the discount. I ordered the Guac N Roll burger and upgraded to curly fries for 50p. My boyfriend had a Chicken, Cheese and Bacon burger. We also had a side of cheese garlic bread and two cokes (You also get a free refill for soft drinks!). When these came the meal was huge. It was beautiful - I died and went to heaven. It was definitely cooked from scratch with no limit on the portion sizes - there was no limit on how much cheese on the burger or how many fries on the plate, which I loved. My boyfriends burger was equally as big and as tasty and neither of us left a thing on the plate. You know when you get to that stage where you think, 'I really should stop eating now, I'm very full', but the food is too good to leave? It was like that.
After eating, we were asked if we wanted any puds and we both chose a milkshake seeing as we got one free anyway. Boyfriend had Mint Crisp and I had Cookies N Cream. We thought it would be fine, we would manage it and go home full and happy. But the server brought over the glass of milkshakes, along with the big shakers that they made the milkshake in and left them there for us to top it up! So we pretty much had two milkshakes! At this point I was thinking, 'I am very full - I really need to stop' - but I really, honestly couldn't. It was just THAT good.
The restaurant plays all the classic jazz music that goes with the theme of the restaurant and the walls are kitted out with signage and memorabilia from the era. For saying we had two burgers, mine a 10oz, an upgraded fries, a side, two drinks and two milkshakes, the bill was less than £30 which I was even happier with.
In the end, I ate so much that I had to walk out the door sideways and after being in a food coma for about 6 hours after, I died. (Worth it)
Definitely absolutely recommend this place!

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to take the kids. Excellent service food was prompt and excellent milkshakes. I had a big porker hot dog which was filling. Free kids meals so was really sweet

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place to take the grandkids.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've been several times to this venue, originally just as we passed, but we now drive 40 miles round trip because it is a good place to go with kids. The staff are always very pleasant, they provide puzzles etc for the kids, the food is slightly different but enjoyable, none stop '50s music, and they do the best milk shakes in the world. I've seen grown men going in, specifically for the milk shakes.

• Visited July 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A very good eating experience”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I found the Diner to be very clean, decorated in period style and with very attentive staff. My meal was cooked from scratch and arrived as I expected, was quite a pile to demolish !! The staff kept me topped up with an endless supply of coffee and wern't either in your face or hiding round a corner. A very positive experience, and would I go again based on this visit, most certainly.

• Visited July 2014