Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park
US$63
US$91
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$83
Priceline
US$232
US$177
All reviewspride parkstayed hereroom was cleanbeanshi expresshot itemsharvester pubchiquitosfree breakfastcity centrealton towersthe sofa bedfootball groundtrain stationbusiness parkquiet at nightfootball match
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We used this as a base for visiting Alton Towers as the central Derby location is great for walking to some of the fantastic restaurants they have - a great antidote to the food at Alton Towers.

Pros - location, cheap, very friendly and attentive staff, free breakfast

Cons - car parking spaces very narrow, cooked breakfast elements of breakfast not very good (but continental aspects good), no family rooms. Aircon was noisy.

Would consider using again.

Room Tip: Quiet location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Sean-Bromley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Pride Park.

I am pleased to see you took advantage of our low rates, when booking in advance people often find our prices to be extremely competitive.

I do apologise for any noise encountered from the Air Conditioning unit, this is something we have brought to the attention of our maintenance team, who will be monitoring the situation.

I am glad to see you would consider using us again, and we can hopefully welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Sean Bromley

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I chooe this hotel because we got a decent deal when booked through booking.com.We stayed here for 2 nights as we wanted to visit a couple of attractions in Matlock. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, the breakfast was good and it is pretty close to city centre. I will definitely return if I am visiting Derby again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After reading some previous reviews I was a bit sceptical about staying here but I am glad I chose to find out myself. I stayed here for two nights with my husband and 16 yr old son for a short break as we wanted to visit a couple of attractions in Buxton and Matlock Bath. The room was adequate, with a sofa bed for my son (Premier Inn would not allow my son to share a room with us even though he was only just 16 when I enquired) which was ideal. The complimentary breakfast was perfectly acceptable with a range of food from cereals or croissants to sausages, beans and scrambled egg. The staff were always friendly and courteous. The only slight problem we had was we were expecting "free WI-FI", as advertised, but there was a problem during our stay and we were unable to connect to the WI-FI and take advantage of this.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda S
Sean-Bromley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the holiday inn expresses Pride Park.

I am happy to see you found the staff to be polite and courteous, at the hotel we take great pride in the relationships we forge with our guests.

I am sorry that on your visit our WIFI appeared to be down, I can assure you this is a one off, and if you do visit again I hope you will get to take full advantage of the free WIFI.
It’s also pleasing to see you were impressed with the Express Start breakfast, whilst it is a continental breakfast, we feel that offering Sausage Egg and beans as extra has proved very popular with guests.
We do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Sean Bromley

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Booked in to the Holiday Inn Express Pride Park Derby on Saturday 22 March 2014. As always reception excellent and staff helpful and friendly. Room clean and functional with free Wi Fi. Duty Manager Susan was extremely helpful and obliging in offering to witness some documents for me.. Had a room on the ground floor next to the Car Park but was not kept awake by any noise .Breakfast good as can be expected for price and again staff very efficient and cheerful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sean-Bromley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Pride Park , Derby.

It is wonderful to read that this is not your first stay at the hotel and that both the staff and the hotel facilities are the reason for your return.

We do pride ourselves on offering a "home from home" welcome to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Angela Nicholls

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend, a Christmas Gift from our son & daughter-in-law!
Derby is my hometown, but apart from an occasional visit to relatives on the outskirts, this was my first visit to Derby City Centre for maybe 35 years!
Pride Park is so easy to find, as it's the home of Derby County Football Club, so it's well signposted from wherever you are. Luckily they weren't playing at home that weekend, so it wasn't as busy as it could have been.
Car parking was good, but we didn't move the car all weekend, there's a footpath all the way back into the City Centre, about 20 mins walk? Then we used the bus to get around and about.
Friendly staff, comfortable room, free buffet breakfast (???) couldn't quite get the hang of the Air Con though, which meant we were a bit hot at night, (duvets on the bed so you couldn't throw a blanket off) but all in all, a more than pleasant stay!
Would recommend Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for finding the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Pride Park, Derby.

It does seem as though your return to Derby was an enjoyable experience.

As you have mentioned, the hotel is in a perfect spot on Pride Park, offering easy access to the many businesses nearby but also only a short walk into the Derby Centre (which saves on the expense of city centre car parking).

I am pleased that the team made you feel welcome and that you took advantage of our buffet breakfast (with selected hot items). With regard to the bedroom air conditioning units, these are all individually controlled via a panel in the bedrooms, and our friendly team would be more than happy to assist with any future issues in this area.

It is great to know that you would recommend the Holiday Inn Express brand to friends & family, as guest satisfaction really is at the heart of our business.

Kind Regards,