“Warm and friendly with simple fare”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #38 of 604 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fun & vibrant local pub in the heart of Littleover Village, Derby. The White Swan is a friendly community based pub that stocks a fantastic range of draught beers, lagers, ciders & fine wines. The White Swan is also renowned for its excellent food. Please see our menu page and come down to try us out.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was my second eating visit to this establishment since I accorded it its Trip Advisor window sticker. On a Saturday evening we were embraced by a warm feeling of community in this 'local'.
The management's approach to feeding folk, simple but enjoyable fare, has not diminished.
Le Manoir it is not, but value for money tasty food is what it provides. That it doubles a busy pub, puts enormous pressure on very friendly and comitted staff, not withstanding earlier comments about rudeness. Sadly, some people who don't venture out much, will find fault with what comes over as busy concern!

White Swan L, Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you very much for you kind words. I'm so glad you enjoy your experience at The White Swan. We look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for The White Swan

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Unable to book table, so turned up and was on a waiting list. Shown to table at 6:30 to be told someone else has it booked at 7pm. Decided we didn't want to get indigestion so walked out.
The food is nice, have eaten there before, but the table reservation / allocation system leaves a lot to be desired.

White Swan L, Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

I am REALLY disappointed you had a bad experience. As you can see by our other reviews, we pride ourselves with trying to offer great food, good customer service for everyone to have an enjoyable experience here at The White Swan. A busy Friday night can be challenging for my staff as we are a very small pub for eating but that is no excuse for your service and it should have been handled in a much better way. Regarding the bookings, as I've said we are a very small popular pub so we can only take bookings for larger tables of 6 or more otherwise we would be holding tables off all night and not many people would be able to eat. Please except my sincere apologies and I urge you to come back and give us a chance to redeem ourselves. Thank you

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Been here several times for food, during day and in the evening. The service and the food is always of the highest standard. Would tell anyone to give it a try, i'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Another kind review, thank you very much. I am really happy you enjoyed your experience at The White Swan. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Really good food served in a clean pleasant restaurant area. Good selection of real ales all at affordable prices, beware portion sizes are aimed at the bigger eater.

White Swan L, Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Yes we liked to fill our customers bellies with our portions. Thank you very much for your kind review. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you want a great Sunday dinner in a friendly clean pub then this is for you, could not fault the food or staff, will be going again! Fantastic value for money, went 16/03/14.

White Swan L, Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Full marks again. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience at The White Swan. I look forward to seeing you again soon.