“Really bad service!!!”

The Exeter Arms
Ranked #31 of 578 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
“Really bad service!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were rude... Food took forever. Stay away with the women with the long blonde hair!!!! Won't be visiting again!

4 Thank Herbiek2

“Super food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The pub doesn't look like much from the outside but as soon as I stepped in I was shocked at what I saw. The pub smells, looks and feels like a traditional pub, and they offer traditional cask ales and ciders (the thundering molly cider was fantastic).

As well as this we ordered food and it was up there with some of the best food I have had. Stunning menu and good price too!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Real Ale, real food, real pub, real close !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having decided to spend a weekend in Derby [never been before so why not!!] my partner, young daughter and I were surprised by the "feel" of this city..nothing like Sheffield where we currently live. The Exeter Arms was recommended and armed with my phones sat nav we set off on a half hour walk [according to the sat nav]
My partner suffers with a bad back/leg so after 15 minutes we decided we would give up and head into town...I still really wanted to go, so I asked a taxi driver to take us there..He got out of his cab and pointed down a road he said "look five minutes that way, save your money..walk!" so we did and despite feeling like we were lost we soon found the pub, about 5 minutes from where we left our initial search!!!!
The pub was as good as we were told.. Food amazing especially my pulled pork sandwich, a fantastic selection of real ales and the beer garden which was bathed in sun..... partners food was also delicious and my daughter had the porky chips [what a fab idea] reasonably priced and very pleasant staff.
Please go and find it out it's a diamond in the rough

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my partner went to the Exeter Arms on Monday evening and absolutely enjoyed every aspect of our time there. Although it doesn't look like much on the outside , the interior rustic decor made it feel warm and gave it a authentic feel to the pub. The food is excellent probably some of the best I've ever had in my life. We've already planned what we want to have next time!

Derby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have just been for a meal with my parents and grandparents, we each ordered something completely different from the menu and all finished out meals very happy, all said how beautiful their meal was. The service was brilliant the lady who served us was very friendly and we ate in the cottage which is just brilliant the atmosphere is no other place I've been to. Cannot wait to go back there.