“Champagne breakfast delight”

Butlers Pantry
Ranked #146 of 617 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an outside catering & events company providing catering & bars for all events from small buffets & canapé receptions to large scale weddings, dinners & charity events. Our 'home' is a 300yr old quaint building overlooking The Olde Square in Mickleover and from here, we also serve breakfasts & lunches. We also host speciality evenings in our bistro.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We're getting married in 2 days time so thought we would take some time out of hectic Wedding preparations to kick back & relax over a Champagne breakfast. This place came highly recommended by a friend so we were really excited to try it.
And we weren't disappointed !! The service we received was excellent from the minute we stepped inside. The food was wonderful & well cooked and the overall price was very reasonable for what you got.
To start we had smoked salmon & scrambled eggs, next a full English breakfast, toast next, and crumpets & croissants as a last course !! Phew we were stuffed !! Of course this was all washed down with good quality Champagne, juice and coffee.
We were left to chat and enjoy the courses of the breakfast and ending up spending nearly 2 hours chilling out without ever feeling rushed or in the way.
Well done guys, this was a great experience for us and we eat out and take Champagne breakfasts far & wide and quite regularly.
For anyone reading this looking for a huge treat or maybe even a Birthday present look no further...this is it !
We'll definitely be back !

1  Thank helenbrown911
Helen S, Events Manager at Butlers Pantry, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your champagne breakfast with us (which comes highly recommended as you kindly say!). We are very proud of the service we provide at the Butlers Pantry, and it is great to receive such positive feedback. We would like to wish you both very best wishes for your wedding day, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon as Mr & Mrs! Kind regards Helen

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I were invited to a garden party and from the beginning there was a small tented bar, tea and coffee, mid afternoon cakes etc. Dinner was freshly cooked on site with three choices of meat and a veggy choice, all with a choices of mixed salad and special potatoes. The veggy meal was extremely tasty (well thought out to include protien). The service was also very good, hard working and polite personnel. The caterers helped make the day. Well done. I would recommend them to anyone for a small or large occasion. I look forward to visiting the restaurant.

Helen S, Events Manager at Butlers Pantry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to cater at such a fabulous occasion, and I will pass on your kind comments to my events team, who I am extremely proud of. Please telephone me direct on 01332 519007 if you would like to reserve a table at our bistro in Mickleover, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My Wife and I had a lunch in our garden yesterday and fortunately the weather was good.
We entertained 30 of our friends. Weeks before we both went to see Ralph at Butlers Pantry
to discuss our requirements. Ralph was full of good suggestions and put a super menu together.
The food was delivered to our house on time, nicely presented, plenty of food as well as catering for a friend with special diet needs. Everyone had a super day and were very complimentary about the food. I would not hesitate to recommend Butlers Pantry to all of our friends and family or anyone who wants excellent food for any type of event. Many thanks for making our party very special.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to be a part of your special occasion & hope to see you at our bistro in Mickleover in the future. Kind regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having experienced the excellent food at a recent wedding catered for by the Butlers Pantry Mickleover, we decided to try lunch at their bistro with visiting friends.We were all highly delighted with the choice of menu and friendly service.Our friends were only sorry they lived out of Derby otherwise they would make it their regular lunch date / coffee morning.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our bistro in Mickleover. We are so pleased that you were able to visit us following attending one of our external events. We hope to see you again very soon, kind regards

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Lived in Mickleover for years and had heard about and passed this bistro many times but never got round to going there.
I can only say that I am now kicking myself. The staff are so friendly and welcoming making a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The menu was a nice mix managing to satisfy my sons simple but demanding palate :-) as well as my own cravings for something different.
A lovely experience and one I shall now look forward to repeating..!

Helen S, Events Manager at Butlers Pantry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review & your kind comments are much appreciated. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit & your kind words will be passed on to the team. We do hope to see you again very soon!! Kind regards Helen