“What a treat. Good for a girlie lunch.”

Michael Frith at Bennetts Brasserie
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Is only open 9-2 at present, based in Department Store, serves brilliant breakfests and lunches
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited because of the good reports on line. We were not disappointed. Me and my daughter both chose the sea bass with spicy sauce. Light and lovely. We also chose a delicious dessert from the enticing selection. Banana pancakes and spiced apple compote with yogurt. Neither was too big nor too rich. A good thing for ladies who lunch!

1  Thank lovelunch

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Food is always so good, attention to detail is always spot on. Service is always with a smile which is rare these days! Total value for money, a much needed visit again soon.

2  Thank Merylamb
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our 3rd visit in a year to this restaurant and our experience each time has been fantastic. The service, quality of the food, taste, presentation and price are all fantastic. Its a real pleasure to enjoy all of these things together. I opted for the roast tomatoes breakfast option and my husband had eggs benedict with smoked salmon (we are currently working our way though the breakfast menu) - delicious! The front of house staff get their approach absolutely right - please don't change this. I can't wait till I return and had a look at the menu before leaving to select my choice.
I've recommended to friends and they also have really enjoyed eating here - you will genuinely leave feeling so happy!

1  Thank Lorraine W
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've just been to this restaurant for the first time today with my sister in law for lunch. The staff were so attentive and understanding. We kept them waiting a long time before we decided what we wanted to eat but it was no problem to them. After we'd finally decided what we wanted and ordered it, I had boeuf bourguignon, mashed potatoes and runner beans and my sister in law had cheese pie, salad and saute potatoes, it didn't take too long before our meals arrived. Both were presented beautifully and there was plenty. Even so still had to have a pudding so plumped for victoria sponge and icecream. Ooooh it was lovely so light and again a good amount. When we paid up and left we said to the staff we were leaving only because they were closing and we were told if we wanted to we could stay longer. Unfortunately we had things to do otherwise I am sure we would have done so. Will definitely be paying them another visit and if you are in Derby want somewhere nice to eat I would highly recommend this brasserie.

1  Thank helena62
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My friend & I visited this little gem again, after enjoying our first visit some months ago.
We both had the cheddar & red onion omelette & shared a bowl of their fabulous chips & home made coleslaw.
Cooked to perfection ( you are asked how you prefer your omelette cooking).
A real delight to eat something so simple, cooked & presented beautifully.
The staff here are also exceptional, attentive without stalking!
Planning our next visit...

2  Thank ExaminerladyT