“Champagne Breakfast”

Michael Frith at Bennetts Brasserie
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Is only open 9-2 at present, based in Department Store, serves brilliant breakfests and lunches
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was surprised when one of my friends suggested eating in a department store but went along as it was a different experience.I am so glad I did, we have been many times since and had not only had superb lunches but also Champagne Breakfasts too, amazing! The service and staff are second to none and the choice of food is wide and varied. There are seven of us who meet on a monthly basis, sometimes more if its a Birthday, and we always want what the person next to us had ordered. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Injebreck67

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited for friends 40th birthday breakfast, the food was excellent, superb quality. The portions were huge so had to leave some which was a shame as the full breakfast it was so tasty. The granola was the tastiest I'd ever had, I also tried haggis for the first time as it was a replacement for white pudding. I know now that I like haggis. We all had a wonderful time, thank you.

1  Thank Adyjude
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my first visit and it was superb. We visited for brunch and I can highly recommend the porridge with fresh fruit and ice-cream, it was divine. initially wasn't sure about the combination but it worked perfectly. The full English is indeed very generous and the salmon and scrambled egg is also highly recommended.

The service is outstanding and the quality of produce used is very good.

Highly recommended!!

1  Thank cintsa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited with 2 friends to celebrate 40th birthdays. We had the champagne breakfast.
The granola is to die for (its prompted me to make my own), we had different main, eggs benedict, Welsh rarebit and roasted balsamic tomatoes they were all fantastic, great tasting and beautifully presented. We then all had the banana crepes to finish. We couldn't fault anything. The champagne was actually drinkable instead of nastily dry as you usually find (although I'm not a fan). The service was great, pleasant and attentive but not overly in your face.
If I was going to be picky I would just say the surrounding could be more oppulant, and fancier but I'm just clutching at straws there.
It really was lovely and couldn't fault it. We all left stuffed.

1  Thank 1Happylady-101
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to this excellent brasserie since it opened. The simple facts are that the offering here is the best in Derby, at any price point. Moreover, one of their specialities is breakfast/ brunch and you would be delighted to receive this standard of food in a 5 star hotel in London.

Service is polite but un fussy and the consistency of the food is never in doubt.

Not going here, if your in Derby for lunch, is akin to self harm.

2  Thank FreddieTheHedeghog