“Brilliant Stay”

Best Western The Stuart Hotel
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Brilliant Stay at this hotel, the staff were friendly and the room was beautiful. Location is brilliant also. Would definitely recommend and stay again. thank you very much for a fantastic experience :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
StuartSales, Manager at Best Western The Stuart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01332 340633.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

BEST WESTERN The Stuart Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
StuartSales, Manager at Best Western The Stuart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for one night (thank goodness it wasn't longer). Clearly short staffed, no lifts, no offer to help with luggage to room on second floor. Rooms poky and ceiling stained where roof had leaked. Walls painted battleship grey - adding to the prison cell vibe. Restaurant played techno disco music - hardly relaxing ended up with headache. Fire alarm went off (seems to be a regular occurrence). Wifi didn't work. Generally awful, would have to pay me to come back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for yiour feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

With reference to the fire alarms going off on your stay, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience of the fire alarm sounding, however, we do need to follow procedures when an alarm sounds, to ensure the safety of all of our guests.
Our Wi-Fi is only available in public areas, however hard wired internet access is available in the bedrooms.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. I hope that this instance will not deter you from staying with Best Western in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel fairly nice overall. Checkout problem meant I was late for an appointment. Breakfast was average, but included in the price. You get what you pay for I suppose. The location would be good for the football stadium. Close to major roads so easy to use for travelling elsewhere

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On arrival car park is at rear down a tight alley that was not well lit at night, person on reception was polite, friendly and efficient.
Room was spacious enough but carpet needed replacing and bed was squeaky.
Felt whole accommodation area and corridors need sprucing up.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was given VIP tickets as a guest of Ducati during race day of the World Superbikes at Donington Park. The organiser decided that we should meet up the night before so we dont have such a long drive on sunday morning. As it was a last minute thing there wasnt much choice of hotels to stay at near the circuit. This was one of the closest that had availability. The pictures on the web look quite nice but when we pulled up into the carpark we were met with a much different picture. Red brick with plastic white windows. Very dull looking and the car park was riddled with pot holes. I was given a lift to the hotel. I dont think i would like to leave my car in the carpark over night. Not sure if there are cameras. Once you get to reception it doesnt look too bad. A little dated but ok. If you expect a motel kind of building you wont go far wrong. I have stayed in Best Western hotels before but never any like this one. The staff were friendly enough and the booking in process fairly straight forward. I was given my door card and off i went to my room. On arrival to my room the door card wouldnt work. I walked all the way back to reception and waited for my turn again. I advised them it wouldnt work so it was reprogrammed and off i went. On arrival to the door, this time it worked but as i entered i soon realised that someone else was already occupying it. Once it sunk in i quickly exited the room and walked back to reception. They apologised and gave me a different room number. It worked this time and there was no one else in there either. It was supposed to be an executive room but i wouldnt have said so. There was no trouser press in the room or iron. No complimentary drinks apart from one small water bottle. The TV was only about 17". The view from the room was straight down to the grotty carpark i had just parked in. All i could see was red brick walls and plastic windows. It was fairly quiet though even with the windows open all night. I did get woken by a boy racer at 04.30am doing burnouts up the main road but not really the hotels fault and can happen anywhere. The room was clean and the bed felt comfortable. I slept well but i had a few glasses of wine which always helps!!! The toilet roll holder was falling off the wall in the bathroom, the WC was stained and the shower had hardly any pressure. It was like washing with a mist system. Apart from that the bathroom was clean and the towels were fresh! The bar only seemed to have one type of white wine. Not sure about anything else. We ate out so dont know what the restaurant is like. In the morning i went down to breakfast and just had cereal. As you would expect. I didnt have the cooked breakfast so again i cannot comment. Check out was straight forward and we were on our way. To summarise.....if you are in the area for work or need somewhere fairly close to Donington Park Race Circuit then it serves it purpose. If you want somewhere romantic or luxurious look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 324 and it wasnt above the bar or next to the road. Views onto carpark :(
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01332 340633.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We always take my mother and father away for a weekend for there birthdays and decided on The Stuart Hotel Derby as it looked nice enough and as I was collecting Best Western rewards points thought it would be somewhere different. The check in service was rather poor with an older gentleman who was really miserable and not friendly checking us in. After we got in the room I noticed 2 bulbs in the bathroom were not working and went back to reception to have them replaced, only to be told by the man on reception this would be done later - We went out for the afternoon and 6 hours later the bulbs had not been replaced, so I went back to reception and a different man who was not working got the bulbs replaced for us without any fuss - he was a lot more helpful on several occasions during our stay. The hotel is ideally placed for the large shopping centre and there is one pub which is in walking distance of the hotel. Apart from that we found Derby rather boring. The restaurant menu is limited and could do with revising to cater for more tastes - the breakfast was very good when it arrived after 30 minutes - at least I know it was freshly cooked. The hotel was extremely busy on the Saturday night and the restaurant only had 1 girl serving and the bar 1 man. Considering that the hotel should have known how many customers were booked in they should have had additional staff working - there were around 30 customers in the bar area mainly watching the football and the 1 man serving at the bar had to keep rushing off to the restaurant to provide drinks to customers in there which wasn't ideal when you had to keep waiting for 10-15 minutes each time to get served. Overall the hotel was clean enough and would be fine if you are attending some function in Derby

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family