“Stayed here numerous times and will again often...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Inn

Hallmark Inn
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Stayed here numerous times and will again often...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love this place, its a short walk from the train station and the centre with all its shops so location is fantastic.

Although it dosnt look 'grand' from the front, its lovely inside, clean, fresh, spacious and modern. The rooms are a very good size, very clean, very well done, simple but not basic like some lower cost hotels, I am very fussy about bedding and bathrooms in hotels and I am not shy of requesting another room, cleaning to be done, or complaining if something is dirty, but I have never had need to do that at the Hallmark yet, every room I have stayed in has been very clean.

I have not eaten there so can not comment on the food, but the service with drinks is very good.

At the end of the day though a Hotel is only as good as the staff, The Hallmark Inn excels here, the staff have always been fantastic, from finding me a room when an early check in was needed to getting me A plate, and cutlery for when I have been taking a takeaway to my room.

There are several lower cost hotels in Derby, I have stayed in a few of those too .... the Hallmark is where I will be staying next time and every other time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
What a great review! Thank you so much for your positive feedback, your right of course the staff do make a hotel and we have a great team at the Inn. I do hope you'll be back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Seaton Delaval, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here after a day at Alton Towers. We were greeted by 2 lovely ladies on the desk. Our room was simple, very clean and everything we needed. We had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar and a free game of pool. Very polite and helpful lady behind the bar. On the nighttime around midnight I suffered my only ever panic attack. I was shaking and scared and my partner got the receptionist who done all she could for me. I cannot thank her enough at how great she was with me. Would highly recommend this hotel and if I ever have a reason to be back down I would definatly re book here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for a great 5 star review, I'm so pleased one of our team member was able to help in your hour of need and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My visits to Derby are purely business based. I was lodged by my team organiser into the Hallmark In. To be perfectly honest it met all my needs and comforts.

Unfortunately the hotel exterior is fairly unimpressive. Its approach from Midland Road is only noticeable from a name above a fixed awning.

The hallways are decked with copies of watercolours of a large variety of subjects - mostly kitsh scenes of jars of plants and flowers, tables with wine glasses, forecourts and gardens. Its no ‘Louvre museum’ but I’ve grown accustomed to them and now appreciate these prints.

The hotel and rooms at first appearance seem like a motel (crossroads style). However, i’ve found the rooms spacious, warm, clean and comfortable. My most recent room was situated at the front of the hotel. Admittedly a rubbish view of the street, a post office depot and an unartistic clumpy war memorial. But the windows cancelled out the noise which was good.

My room had a bath, with shower attachment and best of all a Corby trouser press (believe me a god-send for all those who love a good crisp sharp crease in their suit trousers). For those who are not follically challenged (like me) there is also a hair dryer.

A forgotten level of hotel quality is the TV channels and their quality and availability. If you are in a hotel and rely on TV for entertainment then is it a very important factor. I’m glad than the Hallmark Inn had a good range of channels and NO  annoying re-buffering. They also supplied a high quality free internet service - good enough to watch programmes on iplayer for example.

As well as the room holding many features there is also a shoe shine facility on each floor, and an ice making machine. These are small but brilliant extras to a hotel facilities. However, there is one thing which confused and amused me - there is a bottle opener affixed to the wall in the toilet. Its positioned so that you could sit on the throne and pop open a bottle of beer while you do your business. Thats a disturbing thought !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks for your review, I'm pleased you had a good stay with us and do hope we can welcome you back soon.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start. This was such a terrible stay we laugh about it at work. Room was noisy. Noise from adjacent rooms, from the corridors and outside! Breakfast was disappointing. There were 6 of us in the whole area eating breakfast, which looked and tasted like it had been cooked the day before and kept warm. I always look forward to fresh hotel coffee in the morning as I have the time to enjoy the experience and take my time. I was given a huge metal cafetiere which looked promising. It turned out to be part filled, not warm and importantly did not taste nice. I would imagine it was what somebody had left earlier that morning. I didn't bother to ask for more

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review, we take all feedback from our guest in a positive manner and try to use them to improve future guest care when possible.
I was very disappointed to read your review and have past your comments onto our restaurant manager and head chef.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the Hallmark for one night what a great hotel. The staff were very helpful and efficient. The room was very clean bright and warm and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was a buffet it had a lot of choice was all freshly cooked and the staff were constantly checking and topping things up when needed. The hotel is only two minutes from the station and within easy walking distance to the town centre. Will definitely stay here again as we plan to visit Derby again later in the year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thanks for a fantastic five star review!!
What can I say, I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us and do hope we'll see you back soon.
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night at the hallmark inn. We were greeted by a very friendly young lady at reception.. Our room was very clean, and had everything we needed. The breakfast was of a good standard..would recommend this hotel for a short stay..Free parking is a bonus..Well done hallmark inn

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a great review, keep an eye on our website for some great offer and I hope we'll see you back soon.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Having stayed at the Hallmark Hotel across the road (not very impressed), we needed an overnight stay to enable us to attend a funeral in Derby the following day.
What a difference, the Hallmark Inn is, as soon as we entered the reception staff were really friendly & helpful, (especially the receptionist from Doncaster), we were offered breakfast at a special rate & also dinner at the Hallmark across the road at 10% off, we declined dinner as it was rather formal & quite pricey, we did take them up on the breakfast deal.
The corridors to the bedrooms were really bright & the bedroom was nice and bright, they could have been a little more generous with the hot drink tray, just 2 sachets of coffee & just 2 tubs of milk between 2 of us.
The beds were very comfortable, heating worked perfectly.
We had come here afterf a few days in Manchester, where the breakfast's were poor, usually luke warm, so what a great change to have breakfast that was hot with a really great choice.
Hallmark have redeemed themselves, we will be back.
Had dinner been served at the Hallmark Inn, we would probably have given it 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for a super review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast, hope to see you back soon.