“Scream; more of a badly produced horror movie than a cheer for joy.”
Review of Scream Nightclub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scream Nightclub
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I started drinking in the Friary and had a great time. As the night progressed I went into Scream. Sticky floors, creepy middle aged men and an awful lot of over weight people bumping into me. Sure enough, after finishing my drink I persuaded my friends to leave with me.

2  Thank roccoroy
There are newer reviews for Scream Nightclub

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Arrived at The Friary on Saturday 6th July 2013, there was 12 of us and there was a table accomodating us already set up, the service and food was really good and there was no complaints from any of us. The music and atmosphere was amazing and couldnt of asked for anymore.

As we are not from around the area we did not know what to expect and we had such an amazing time. Great bunch of people that work there.

At a round 11 oclock we entered the Club upstairs called "Scream". We pre booked this in advance at such a great price. We had two booths allocated to us and the team there had dressed it up. Drinks and help were provided for us all night. Again we had such a great night and the Hen couldnt of asked for anymore.

Thankyou to everyone that was there to make our night so enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Just to clarify, the Friary and Scream are two places attached to eachother (owned by 'Scream' pubs). The Friary is more of a lively pub, which serves food and has 4 pool tables; Scream on the other hand is a nightclub which only opens at 11pm and you pay £5 to get into (when it's no better than any other clubs in Derby, most of which are free entry).

The Friary is a modern pub which caters for all age groups. It is part of a beautiful old building which dates back to 1730 and is now a Grade II listed building. With high ceilings and a spacious outdoor area at the back of the pub (which also connects it to the back entrance of Scream), it is the perfect area to relax in, come summer or winter.

The four pool tables the pub offers charge £1 per game. They are well maintained and always in good condition. If you fancy a few games of pool I'd recommend arriving earlier in the day (before 7pm) to ensure you have access to a table.

The pub also serves good quality food with a diverse menu. There is currently a new offer on food which allows you to buy any item from the menu whilst paying only 50% of the price! It is an exceptionally good-value offer and I would personally recommend having breakfast or lunch here. The only thing you need to do in order to redeem this offer is purchase a Yellow Card, which costs only £1 and offers discounted drinks as well.

Though they tend to play mostly modern, trendy music, there are two Jukeboxes which you can use to choose your own music.

Overall a brilliant place to visit, and a 2 minute walk from the city centre. Enjoy!

3  Thank SnowChicken
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have been to Scream in Derby a few times now and find it a great place to hang out. The front of the building is extremely impressive but its a little bit confusing as it says the Friary name on it. Nevertheless, once you realise that it's no big deal. It's in an ideal location within the city centre as most of the better late night bars are in close proximity along with restaurants of all types.
The premises themselves are impressive outside and in with plenty of wood panelling on the interior. There are also games facilities in the form of several pool tables which we generally make use of when I visit with friends.
The range of beers is not massive but is perfectly good for a bar of this sort. After all, it's not intending to be a "real ale pub" so who cares?

If you are in the area it's worth visiting. Well up to scratch and less manic than some of other bars. Give it a try!

2  Thank Paul C