“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #99 of 672 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: From the arches of the Guildhall Theatre between 1864 & the late 80's to Derby Market Hall just inside of the arches from 2012-18 Derby Pyclet Parlour are carrying on Derby's Tastiest Tradition, now based in the Eagle Market with our bar and more dine in tables. From the Monk family to the Gibsons you can enjoy a real #tasteofderby delivered to your office / home. You can buy takeaway packets of Pyclets and Oatcakes baked freshly each day or enjoy our classics, salmon & horseradish, stilton, honey & walnuts, welsh rarebit, or try our popular new dishes like the Philly Cheesesteak, Mrs B's Enchiladalets & our tasty Caribbean Rams Goat Curry.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came into the Post house for my birthday lunch. Plenty of choice, but the Pyclet parlour won with their sharing platter. I was sceptical about pyclets with savoury toppings. I was so wrong. The Philly cheesesteak was delicious. The meat was so tender and the chutney was beautiful. The Welsh rarebit again was beautiful. I loved the tomato and ham one as well and I hate tomato.

The move from the Market Hall was an excellent decision. I am definitely coming back.
I also had the Go bananas pudding. Banana in a pudding and you are on a winner in my book. This was (sorry Mum) the best banana pudding I have ever had.

Spent some time chatting with the ladies there as well and they are lovely and clearly so passionate about their work. It's so nice to see

1  Thank FaithGentlemen

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We were on two day visit in Derby and enjoyed some of the wonderful old buildings in the city centre including the indoor market where this eatery is to be found. We all had different toppings to our Pyclets and we all loved them all !

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Under the magnificent arches of the Derby market hall, sits a corner cafe where fresh pyclets are made and shelved ready for customers to chose their favourite toppings. My favourite is smoked salmon with horseradish? Mmm. But next time I might just have to try the one with banana and hazelnut.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I've had the opportunity to go and try these delicious morsels personally. The most tasty and savory thing I have sampled was their pyclets with cream cheese and chives. Made fresh every day and the possible combinations you can make at home are endless
From original deserts topping these babies with sauteed bananas in brandy and sugar to adding hazelnut chocolate spread. Or making individual pizza's or just with butter. The service is always spot on and the way the shop is kept and decorated, keeping tradition with modern innovation is a fantastic mixture making a product that is amazing. I give them top marks and will continue to go back every chance I get.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Hey guys I recently stopped to have a cup of tea here and also purchased some gluten free pyclets! The tea was lovely! however the gluten free pyclets are to die for! you can order them online to pick up in store so they're ready waiting for you! Honestly the best gluten free ones I've tried! definately worth stocking up on these, I normally freeze them so I've always got some in stock x

Thank emma G Derbyshi... g