“Farcical”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Farcical”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrive on spec for a meal as not been here for a while, bit slow to get served though the place was half empty, terse barmaid said are you here for food ? as we have a table of 7 booked in at 7.30pm so will not be able to take your order until 8pm ?????? it was saturday night so heaven knows what was going on, drank up and left, they lost another 4 customers in the same way.Shocking amateur operation , menu looked ok but guess i will never know how good the food is, avoid ........

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank martin1967ad

Derby
“Never Again! Shocking service!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and four freinds visited The Robin last night and it was the worst service & hospitality I have ever experienced. Decor dull, dark & unwelcoming with a strong smell of toilets in the restaurant with the rudest, most unprofessional, impolite, disrespectful barmaid I have ever met. Service was appalling, we went to the bar to order & my friend asked for a steak but instead of chips asked for a jacket potato to be told, "no we can't do that" even though jacket potatoes and new potatoes were an option with the vegetarian options so they had them in the kitchen but steak only comes with chips as thats what's on the till then we were told "and that is the end of the argument!!" Shocking! Needless to say out of principle we didn't stop & headed to The Nags Head where the food was lovely & the staff couldn't do enough for you. I would never set foot in The Robin again and definitely will not be recommending!

12 Thank Lisa W
“Xmas meal”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Absolutely brilliant meal last night. 3 course xmas meal for £13.95. Honestly the best xmas meal I've ever had in a pub. Had prawn cocktail, full roast beef dinner, cheesecake & was too full for the coffer & mince pie which was also included! Table was set up beautifully with all the Xmas trimmings etc. Waitress was excellent too. Absolutely couldn't fault it in any way. & washed down with half a gallon of Harvest Pale which was spot on too!

• Visited December 2013
“Good Food Good Beer”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Until recently I had only visited the Robin for drinks since Paul and Mandy took over but I had heard some very good reports regarding the food and so my wife, daughter and I decided to have a meal there. We were not disappointed! We each had different starters and all three were very good quality. We all had steak as a main course, and each was cooked exactly as (differently) ordered; this was good, home cooked food of ample proportion, at its best.

We will certainly be dining at the Robin again and will shortly be booking for the Christmas meal.

I would also make comment with regard to the beers at the pub, which include Marston's Pedigree, Castle Rock Harvest Pale and Sharpe's Doom Bar, all of which are always kept in first class condition.

• Visited October 2013
“bad attitude..”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I live in mickleover and can see why its nearly empty every night! Unfriendly barmaid, no smile or 'hello' back.My wife had the steak meal with free drink. Asked for a shiraz, landlord made sure we just had a small glass of house wine. Didn't taste good. Asked barmaid if we could change it for a coke and was told we would have to pay for it, and it was'nt her 'problem'. Complained to landlord but was told it was fine, then accused me of being in a bad mood!

• Visited October 2013