“Wonderful Hosts!”
Review of Kedleston View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derby
Kedleston View
Ranked #5 of 25 Derby B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Hosts!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a fantastic place. Lovely décor - just like the photos - and Rachel and Paul are wonderful. Sometimes you feel a bit awkward travelling solo; they both made me feel like I was in town visiting old friends. I was travelling by public transportation and wanted to see Kedleston Hall, which was a bit difficult because city buses don't service this area very well. If I was visiting with a car, I would have made this my "home base" for travel in the area without a doubt! Thank you both for being so helpful and gracious! Best place I stayed at on my trip to England from the US.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
How nice of you to leave such lovely comments. It certainly was a pleasure to have you visit us on your travels and we hope we will see you again in the future. Best wishes, Rachel and Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We just came back from a couple of nights stay and had a lovely time. Comfortable bed and excellent breakfast. Had a lovely day at Kedleston Hall which is close by. We also visited Hardwick Hall and Calke Abbey all very interesting and worth visiting. Would love to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Derbyshire and managed to visit a few of our lovely stately homes. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you come back again soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Made us feel very welcome and looked after us. Leaving the graduation paper on the bed was a nice touch as that was where we were heading the following day. Yummy breakfast and very comfy bed. Thanks for looking after us so well.

• Stayed January 2014
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a fantastic day at your Graduation - congratulations and best wishes for the future - hope to see you again - Paul and Rachel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed with Paul and Rachel for one or two nights every week for three months this year while working at nearby University of Derby. It was my first experience of staying in a B&B and I was a little bit apprehensive. From the start, however, I was given a warm welcome by this lovely couple who clearly care deeply about their guests' experience and who couldn't have done more to make me feel at home. As well as having a beautiful, spotless and warm room with its own modern ensuite shower room, I enjoyed lovely cooked breakfasts (I'm a vegetarian and this presented no problems) and helpful and friendly conversation about the local area's amenities, nice walks to take, etc. I would recommend anyone looking for good value, yet luxurious B&B accommodation to look no further than Kedleston View.

Room Tip: Both the twin room and the double room are excellent. Double room has a sofa bed as well as the dou...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your first B&B experience and that you enjoyed staying with us. We certainly like to make our guests feel at home and hope we acheived that for you. We do hope to see you again one day as we enjoyed your company very much.

Kind regards

Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've stayed with Rachel and Paul on 3 occasions now since I began a course at The University of Derby in January 2013, and I aim to continue to do so for the next 3 years as the course progresses. The accommodation is clean, comfortable and well-equipped, and the welcome is warm, friendly and exceedingly helpful (Paul picks me up from the bus station when I arrive, takes me to the University each morning, and then takes me to the train station when I check out!) Breakfast is fantastic and if I could offer more than 5 stars as a review then I would. Exceptional service and a well-run business.

Room Tip: Either of the guest rooms is comfortable and well-equipped.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
What lovely comments - thank you :) we are so glad you enjoy your stays with us and very pleased that you have booked in again in January. We look forward to seeing you then.

Paul and Rachel
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This place is fantastic! I had a two night stay in the twin room, and can't fault anything from the warm welcome to the fond farewell. The room was spotless, modern, comfy and equipped. The family [Paul & Rachael] were friendly and couldn't do enough to help (inc. traffic/dining advice etc.). The breakfast was huge and very tasty! Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Tregaron, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Friendly, welcoming, and above all, genuine, are words that are often greatly overused nowadays but, in all honesty, I can say that they are most certainly appropriate to Rachel and Paul who are, in my opinion, the most perfect hosts you could ever wish to meet.

Kedleston View is a lovely house just on the boundary between Derby and Quarndon and has stunning views across open countryside towards Kedleston Hall.

The family room that had been booked for us was beautifully decorated and co-ordinated with a kingsized bed that seemed large enough to get lost in. The ensuite was exceptionally well fitted with great attention having been paid to detail – a real pleasure to use.

Breakfast was served in the dining room and was both varied, plentiful and importantly, cooked to order. We were therefore able to have breakfast at our pace and enjoy the experience – to my mind the indicator of a really good b & b or hotel.

We dined out at the Markeaton just a two minute drive back towards Derby - but add a zero to the time if you are walking (especially if you have short legs like mine!). The food was reasonably priced and the menu varied. A good selection of drinks were available at the bar, but be aware that like all popular places it can get busy (as was the case at 7.30 on Friday when we called in to eat. We were fortunate to find the last vacant table – those arriving after us were not so lucky. Perhaps the solution would be to go earlier?!).

Kedleston View is a really lovely place to stay – a real jewel in fact. Don’t take my word for it – try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Rachel F, Owner at Kedleston View, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
What a lovely review, thank you so much. It was certainly lovely to have you all stay and are so glad you enjoyed your weekend. We will pass on your comments to the Markeaton who I am sure will be pleased with the review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes

Rachel & Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Derby
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
The Farmhouse at Mackworth
Makeney Hall Hotel
Makeney Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Belper

Been to Kedleston View? Share your experiences!